Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Beaver Tail Beach
Posted by: UTDigger
Date: June 27, 2018 04:07PM
I year or two ago I got a call to find a lost wedding ring at a freshwater beach. I found the ring in the water, returned it, and then decided to hit the beach to see what I could find in the sand. There were so many beaver tail pull tabs that it was hard to find anything else. Yesterday I decided to clean up the pull tabs in hopes of finding the gold that must be there. The beach is often crowded, and since the beaver tails have been there for decades, there must be some lost gold in there somewhere. I was at the beach at about 7:00 am, and I spent about 9 hours digging pull tabs. I got a couple of silver rings, a cool geode pendant, tons of trash, and a few dollars in coins, but no gold. I hauled away 72 stay tabs and a whopping 153 beaver tails, for a total of 225 pull tabs and pull tab fragments. I don't usually count my trash, but this has got to be a record. :pulltab:

I'll hit the beach again when the weather cools down and I don't have to fight the crowds. I'll find that gold yet!

Garrett AT Max and AT Pro

Re: Beaver Tail Beach
Posted by: jim tn
Date: June 27, 2018 05:44PM
Perseverance will pay off. My hats off to you. HH jim tn

Posted by: MattBullSummerville
Date: June 27, 2018 05:54PM
Man, that's a bu%& load of beaver tails!

Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: June 27, 2018 06:28PM
With you working that hard to clean a beach I hope you find a hand full of gold rings.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Posted by: jas415
Date: June 27, 2018 08:42PM
Gotta be some gold rings there!

Posted by: Tony in kc
Date: June 28, 2018 07:20PM
I agree there should be rings popping up soon..best of luck to you

Posted by: mcb613
Date: June 30, 2018 08:21PM
Oh my Stars... leastbu hot 3 rings. Whats the ration in that batch?

Posted by: Idanox
Date: June 30, 2018 11:11PM
is this Bear Lake? I had the same experience at North Beach. My wife and I dug 90 pull tabs and beaver tails in about an hour and a half, along with one worthless spoon and a clad penny.

Posted by: nagant
Date: July 07, 2018 08:54PM
I got a old beach like that + lead sinkers. I clean out a 10 x 10 area shovel it down six inches and start again. Got bought by a private company but have permission now, just need the water to go down where it belongs..

Posted by: Charles (Upstate NY)
Date: July 08, 2018 05:20PM
I spent a summer in Hampton Beach, NH and dug 880 pull tabs and like 5 gold rings, that's 1 gold ring for every 176 pull tabs.

Posted by: Guzz1
Date: July 16, 2018 03:00PM
Its Hot As all get out here Upper 90s everyday ….To hot to hunt cant' wait for winter 70s an sunny

Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: July 20, 2018 03:21PM
Perseverance does pay off - eventually! I have no doubt that you WILL get the gold! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login