Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Tried to Equinox out at a few fields and in the woods
Posted by: Foreverteachable
Date: July 08, 2018 09:21AM
I hit some fields and woods that have been worked since the mid 1700's and gound some goodies with my buddy Donnie.

Upstate NY/New England Treasure Hunter Marine Corps Veteran,Teacher, Author, Fly Tyer and fisherman

Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Classic SL(not working now), Troy shadow X5, Fisher F22, White's Coinmaster

Re: Tried to Equinox out at a few fields and in the woods
Posted by: Shakydigger
Date: July 08, 2018 10:21AM
That buckle is sweet!

Posted by: Explorer.se
Date: July 08, 2018 11:09AM
Awesome! How deep was the Indian?

Posted by: Digger70pa
Date: July 08, 2018 06:29PM
Very nice finds.

From The Great Appalachian Valley Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors.

Date: July 08, 2018 07:46PM
Thanks everyone for looking and I'm glad you enjoyed it's only my second fully intact shoe buckle and it's very similar to the other one I found so it will make a nice display. My buddy found the Indian in a field that had recently been cut and it wasn't down too far about 6in.

Posted by: 407floyd
Date: July 08, 2018 08:33PM
That’s a nice old buckle. Great shape. What’s on the flat button? Stripes?

Date: July 08, 2018 09:54PM
407floyd
That’s a nice old buckle. Great shape. What’s on the flat button? Stripes?
Thanks Floyd. Good eye. Yes there are stripes on it. I have never seen one like it so it made my day and the buckle just took my breat away when I saw it come out of the sandbar.

Posted by: Mkus
Date: July 09, 2018 05:03AM
Nice finds I like to hunt off the beaten path..

Date: July 09, 2018 06:18AM
Thanks Mkus! I have never spent much time researching potential sites using maps even though it is a great eay to save time. I have had just as much fun wandering in the woods and stumbling on foundations or old coins and relics dropped by loggers, hunters, culliers, or anyone else who wandered that eay before me.

Posted by: woody
Date: July 09, 2018 10:12AM
Very nice! Colonial buckle.

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: July 09, 2018 05:26PM
Nice old finds..buckle is very cool. ..

Date: July 09, 2018 07:58PM
Thanks guys!

Date: July 09, 2018 08:17PM
Here it is in its display.

Upstate NY/New England Treasure Hunter Marine Corps Veteran,Teacher, Author, Fly Tyer and fisherman

Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Classic SL(not working now), Troy shadow X5, Fisher F22, White's Coinmaster

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: July 09, 2018 08:21PM
Nice finds! Ironically, I found my first buckle the other day and it looks very similar to yours. I am trying to put a year or a range of years on mine but I can't imagine it being from the 1700's or even the early 1800's. If that is the case, I need to re-look / re-think at how I approached this area I have been hunting. How old do you think your buckle is? My intention is not to highjack your post, rather I am posting a pic so either yourself or someone else can chime in and provide a range of when this buckle was produced.

P.S. Thank you for service.

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: July 09, 2018 08:35PM
That is quite the collection of buckles! I never really hunted for relics as I am more of a suburban coin hunter. This one that I found truly took me by surprise and I can't believe how it was missed by hundreds of others that has hammered the property. Then again, I hunt areas most will never go or even attempt and the finds I have been making prove this. This buckle is one of them.

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login