Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
No old coins but did find silver :-)
Posted by: Foreverteachable
Date: July 13, 2018 08:53PM
I hit an old sports field that unfortunately had been covered with fill so I hit the woods where people had camped in the late 1800s. It has been a while since I found a coin there but luckily I was and was reminded of the old dump while walking the creek. I found the spoon on the bank next to an old piece of tin fashioned into a plate.

Upstate NY/New England Treasure Hunter Marine Corps Veteran,Teacher, Author, Fly Tyer and fisherman

Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Classic SL(not working now), Troy shadow X5, Fisher F22, White's Coinmaster

Re: No old coins but did find silver :-)
Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: July 19, 2018 06:08PM
Nice hunt! Silver is silver even if it is bent out of shape. I enjoy finding old silverware. Its a great item that gives fantastic clues to the time period and also gives great hope to other non-ferrous items. I bet my E800 there is more non-ferrous just waiting to be found :smoke:

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Date: July 19, 2018 09:28PM
Thanks again Earthlypotluck. It is always cool when you find them in out of the way locations like the middle of the woods. They didn't have disposable plastic silverware like we do now :)

Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: July 20, 2018 02:54PM
More good finds for you, Foreverteachable! It looks like there is some engraving on your silver spoon. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: July 20, 2018 08:53PM
Thanks Blind squirrel, there are initials.

Date: July 20, 2018 08:53PM
Thanks Blind squirrel, there are initials on it.

Posted by: nagant
Date: July 21, 2018 04:38PM
I didn't know they made bottle neck rim fires back then, cool.

Date: July 21, 2018 08:15PM
Good eye there Nagant! I had an ID that yet but I knew it was something different I never found anything like it thanks for pointing it out. I also want to add that it actually had a punch on either side of it instead of one like you see on a 22 cartridge

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2018 08:17PM by Foreverteachable.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login