Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Recovered ring today
Posted by: fwcrawford
Date: July 16, 2018 08:18PM
A lady asked me about helping here find a ring that was lost several years ago, so I went out today and searched for it.
After about an hour of searching, I got a signal and dug into the soft mud with my scoop.
When I stepped in the creek channel to sift through the mud for the target, I sunk down to both of my knees.
I found the ring in the mud and managed to get myself free of the mud afterwards.
I was using a PI machine and luckily there were not many other metal objects except for a nail and a bolt.
In the photo of the creek channel, the ring was located where the sticks are piled up at the edge of the water.
Thanks for looking

Re: Recovered ring today
Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: July 16, 2018 08:25PM
Nice recovery. ..

Posted by: Tony in kc
Date: July 17, 2018 07:40PM
great job, another wonderful deed for detectors..

Posted by: Foreverteachable
Date: July 17, 2018 08:39PM
Congratulations on the recovery. Even in the tough conditions you prevailed!

Posted by: zac
Date: July 18, 2018 12:13AM
Good job!

Posted by: Piedmontartifacts
Date: July 18, 2018 08:58AM
Heck of a story, god job. The ring must have a special meaning if she was still looking for it.

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: July 19, 2018 06:23PM
Your a good man Felix and almost sunk in "quicksand" in the process. Glad you are ok. Some places can look totally "innocent" and can get us into a jam pretty quick.
Maybe that's why I am very leary around mud / water and not going in too deep. I almost checked out when I was a youngster as I got caught in thick mud at the edge of a pond and just kept sinking. I was screaming bloody murder :rofl: I ended up falling backwards in the mud and kind of back peddled my way out with my hands. I can laugh about it now but at that moment in time, I thought I was a goner.

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: July 20, 2018 02:59PM
Fwcrawford, congratulations on recovering the lady's ring! You earned it - getting into knee deep mud! I'm sure that you made a friend and hopefully a ticket to some new hunting grounds! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Posted by: percy gibson
Date: July 20, 2018 05:26PM
Great save Felix ! I remember one other excursion I went on with you under the Interstate. This was winter time and a creek was running through the tunnel. We took our shoes off
so that we would not get our shoes wet. The water was so cold that I felt like pins were being stuck into my feet it was so bad......after we got
through the tunnel we put our shoes back on .....but we had to come back and remove our shoes on the way back.
I'm glad you did this mud diving alone this time.....LOL !

Update of ring...
Date: July 21, 2018 08:39PM
I got a text message from the lady that I found the ring for last week.
She got the ring cleaned up and polished and sent a photo of it to me.
I couldn't believe the ring looked that good compared to what it looked like when I found it.
I see why she was wanting to find it.
Also there is a photo of the area where the ring was found.. the dark area under the tree in the foreground is where the ring was located.
Thanks for all the comments and replies!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2018 08:54PM by fwcrawford.

Hey Percy...
Date: July 21, 2018 08:53PM
As I recall, you must not have minded it too bad since we made quite a few trips through that tunnel to get to those great finds we made at that house site!!

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: July 21, 2018 09:06PM
WOW! That ring cleaned up very nicely!

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Posted by: treasurewize
Date: July 22, 2018 09:55AM
very nice!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login