Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
My mom is a natural
Posted by: Foreverteachable
Date: July 21, 2018 04:49PM
I got to spend the day with my mom and after visiting friends and family we decided to hit one of my detecting spots because she was interested in finding some treasure. I have hit the spot several times with various other detectors. I'd given her the lighter Fisher F-22 and put it in coin mode to make it easier. Wouldn't you know out of the first hole she digs a 278 year old coin. I couldn't believe it since I've never found anything there older than the 1920s :-) needless to say I still have a grin on my face. 

Upstate NY/New England Treasure Hunter Marine Corps Veteran,Teacher, Author, Fly Tyer and fisherman

Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Classic SL(not working now), Troy shadow X5, Fisher F22, White's Coinmaster

Re: My mom is a natural
Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: July 21, 2018 08:09PM
That's awesome...congrats to mom..

Date: July 21, 2018 08:13PM
Thanks a bunch and she thanks you too she had a blast and she's excited as can be

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: July 21, 2018 08:20PM
Congratulations to your mom! Beautiful coin!! I have a very good feeling she is HOOKED! :detecting:

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Date: July 21, 2018 10:08PM
I am sure of it :-) she definitely has a knack for it I know I swept my coil over that same spot of ground at one time or another but she had the power to actually find something

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: July 22, 2018 06:58PM
There is only ONE MOM !!

Date: July 22, 2018 07:21PM
I hear you there Doc! ;-)

Posted by: Mkus
Date: July 23, 2018 06:45AM
Very cool nice find Mom!

Date: July 23, 2018 07:51AM
Thanks Mkus! She is proud as can be :-)

Posted by: Confetrit
Date: July 23, 2018 09:20AM
I notice by the pic. that someone else has a smile on their face too....and with good reason. She had just found a real piece of History, and she has a great Son that took her hunting, and probably got her Hooked on one great hobby. Congrat's to both Mother and Son. Well Done.

Posted by: RandyNorthridgeca
Date: July 23, 2018 11:19AM
A mother detecting with her son, love it! Tell your mom congratulations on a great find and on having a great son to boot! :beers:

Date: July 23, 2018 10:45PM
Thanks guys it is a blessing to spend time together!

Posted by: Digger70pa
Date: July 25, 2018 08:27PM
Cool

From The Great Appalachian Valley Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors.

Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: July 29, 2018 02:14PM
Congratulations to your Mom on her first significant find! You might end up giving her that F-22? My Mom had good luck finding things too. One time she was walking her dog in a school yard in Kenmore NY and EYEBALLED a 1916-D Walking Liberty Half! I asked her if she wanted me to get her a metal detector and she said that she didn't need one hahahah. Best of luck to you AND your Mom and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: July 29, 2018 05:11PM
Thanks so much blind squirrel she's sitting right here and I'll tell her that and she went out today and found her first silver it was awesome. Thanks a bunch as well digger.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login