Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Best find yet...found this forum!
Posted by: JoeVal
Date: August 03, 2018 04:04AM
Thanks to my friend Ohio Fred, I found this forum yesterday. I had no clue he was into metal detecting.

My name is Joe, and I’ll be 68 in a few weeks. I’m retired and live in NE Ohio very close to Ohio Fred, Our sons were best friends and went to high school together, After a lot of research andwatching YouTube videos (Thanks, THGT), I purchased a Bounty Hunter LRP and Tek-Point pointer, primarily to take to Florida for our two week winter vacation in the Cape Coral/Fort Myers area. I figured it was also something me and the wife could do when I’m not fishing, so I also bought an October 2017 Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro for $50 off &^%$#* for her to use, and for a backup machine if the LRP goes down. I took her out one evening this week, and she’s getting the hang of it.

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum, and I hope use this place to grow my knowledge of metal detecting. Here’s my score from last night when me and Fred went hunting near our homes....

Re: Best find yet...found this forum!
Posted by: Mkus
Date: August 03, 2018 05:55AM
Nice like me I like fish a lot but since I've picked up detecting again fishing is on the back burner but not for long as our albie and bonito season is starting up!
which I fly fish for..

Posted by: Piedmontartifacts
Date: August 03, 2018 06:31AM
Welcome Joe, kinda new myself. Lots of good info and like minded people here. Good luck on the beach!

May the end of a rainbow end under your plug!
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher F75LTD—F75+—GB2
Keene 3” Ultra Dredge—A52

Posted by: Foreverteachable
Date: August 03, 2018 07:10PM
Great digs!

Posted by: Elton
Date: August 03, 2018 08:34PM
Welcome !!

Administrator
Supporter Of FTF Sponsors

" There will be times I express a personal opinion on something"

Posted by: JoeVal
Date: August 03, 2018 09:24PM
Thanks for the welcome. This is just another hobby to keep me out of trouble. I also fish, flyfish, tie flies, hunt, collect and restore vintage pellet rifles, and restore vintage Singer Sewing Machines from 1960 and earlier. I also still do handyman work for folks, since I retired as a general contractor. Enjoying life, just as retirement is supposed to be.

Went out after dinner to a school yard, and pulled out a few modern coins.

Uploaded at Snapagogo.com

Posted by: sd51
Date: August 04, 2018 08:54AM
Joe, welcome to a great hobby and a great forum! I wanted to say thank-you for picking up the trash items you found. That will bring you rewards down the road. Some people leave the trash laying on the ground. I also flyfish and build flyrods. Been detecting for 40 years and every day in the field is a blast. You never know what will surface. Best of Luck to you!

Posted by: SirCupajo
Date: August 04, 2018 04:41PM
I could never get the wife to coin shoot or metal detect with me, but we just had our 50th Wedding anniversary so I guess I'll keep her.:blink:

Life Goes By Fast, that's why
It's a common mistake to think "I will do it tomorrow"

Sir Cupajo

Posted by: ohio fred
Date: August 09, 2018 03:39PM
Nice finds

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login