Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
How did everyone miss it? The E800 sniffed it out like a bloodhound :rofl:
Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: August 12, 2018 06:49PM
Never in a million years would I have dreamed of a 1842 large cent coming out of the place I was at today. It has been pounded for years and years by detectorists. How in the world did all the hunters miss it? Right near one of the entrances and only 3" deep! I'll admit I missed it too with several different brand detectors. When the Equinox came upon this target, it screamed out a nice high tone ( I believe the TID was at 33... could of been a little bit higher). I thought for sure I was going to be digging a good size piece of copper pipe of some sort as this place is disgustingly loaded with junk.

I have found a few wheat cents and silver dimes some of which are from the early 1900's from this location but this caught me completely off guard. Still scratching and will be scratching my head for a while how so many missed it (Including myself lol )

Also found a cool Frigidaire Key fob

Settings: Field2, 50 tones, iron bias 3, sensitivity 20, reactivity aka recovery speed of 6.

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Re: How did everyone miss it? The E800 sniffed it out like a bloodhound :rofl:
Posted by: fwcrawford
Date: August 12, 2018 07:26PM
Boy Jim.. you did do some digging today.. nice finds!!

Posted by: jim tn
Date: August 13, 2018 04:21AM
Some nice finds there. The copper pipe thinking on the large cent at only 3" is probably why it was still there. Because it was shallow and its size others may have thought it was a bottle cap. Just goes to show one never knows. Good you sniffed it out. HH jim tn

Posted by: Mkus
Date: August 13, 2018 05:41AM
Nice I've found large cents in school yards that were once all farm fields found a 1809 just a few weeks ago about 4" down in a soccer field that has a newer school near it.

Posted by: Sweeping-4-junk
Date: August 13, 2018 10:31AM
Maybe a coil just never went over that little "spot" before , it's possible even on pounded out sites. Seen it happen loads of times.

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: August 13, 2018 05:24PM
Multi frequency with fast recovery, sounds like a great combination. ... congrats. ..

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: August 13, 2018 07:38PM
Good thought Jimmy! I am glad they aren't digging these signals :rofl:

jim tn
Some nice finds there. The copper pipe thinking on the large cent at only 3" is probably why it was still there. Because it was shallow and its size others may have thought it was a bottle cap. Just goes to show one never knows. Good you sniffed it out. HH jim tn

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login