Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Today’s curious find
Posted by: Stuff1180
Date: August 18, 2018 04:23PM
Find this today it’s a silver dime with I believe two additional either steel washers or steel pennies stuck to it. The question is should I separate or leave it?
While I have been metal detecting since the late seventies I have not been hunting much for the last ten years.
I currently have a mine lab Excalibur that I purchased about 2000, an Explorer which is a first generation and an Exterra 70. All three still work like new. I found the dime today with the
Exterra

Re: Today’s curious find
Posted by: Elton
Date: August 18, 2018 05:26PM
Since it is only a silver dime and hopefully not a 1916 D LOL ..it's interesting like it is..

Administrator
Supporter Of FTF Sponsors

" There will be times I express a personal opinion on something"

Posted by: mcuch
Date: August 18, 2018 05:45PM
Congrats on finding that silver, if your just looking to see what you can find and not worried about what you find, then leave it. If you want to see and collect the coins, then separate them by soaking them in distilled water or putting them in heated hydrogen peroxide and keep heating it up after it cools and put it back it, keep repeating till they separate

Posted by: Stuff1180
Date: August 18, 2018 07:47PM
That’s what I was thinking, as far as collecting I have literally
Hundreds of silver dimes. So I think leaving it like this makes it more unique.

Posted by: Canewrap
Date: August 19, 2018 01:07PM
Can you see the date? I would always wonder if I just left a key date undiscovered..

Posted by: Foreverteachable
Date: August 28, 2018 06:24PM
I think it is cool as is but the desire to see the date often forces my hand, but doesn't always end well ;-)

Posted by: Possumcop
Date: August 29, 2018 11:14PM
Congrats on the silver!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login