Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
3.6:1 Trash to Treasure ratio
Posted by: JoeVal
Date: August 22, 2018 09:02PM
I’m going to start tracking my trash to treasure ratios.

Hunted a closed elementary school playground that was worked over by a bunch of slobs. They really trashed a large section of the mulch with garden shovels. As they turned out their giant plugs, they just left the plugs lay on the surface. Anyway, I still managed to get these coins from in between the plugs

Uploaded at Snapagogo.com

Nice finds.N/T
Posted by: ohio fred
Date: August 23, 2018 03:52AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: 3.6:1 Trash to Treasure ratio
Posted by: Mkus
Date: August 23, 2018 06:43AM
Nice I hunt a school in my town I used to go to this elementary school in the 70's never amazes me what I still find here!
just got a 1 reale!

Posted by: sd51
Date: August 25, 2018 01:55PM
Those are the ones that get parks and schools closed to all metal detecting. You did well with your ratio, keep us informed how you do next time.

Here's the amount of trash I dug last week to find this class ring...

Posted by: chuck, ky
Date: August 25, 2018 02:51PM
You could have eliminated the iron and still found the class ring.

Posted by: JoeVal
Date: August 26, 2018 11:09AM
Yes he could have, but do you also eliminate aluminum? Some of two dozen tabs might have been rings or quarters...even though they weren’t.

Posted by: chuck, ky
Date: August 26, 2018 08:29PM
Not if I'm looking for gold but I've never found a tab that i.d.ed as a quarter.

Posted by: sd51
Date: August 28, 2018 06:41PM
The nails were giving erratic signals but since the location is very old, I dug them. They are actually square nails. I pulled a sterling bracelet, a sterling ring with a blue topaz and a sterling ring with a black onyx before digging the class ring, all on consecutive hunts in the same open field. Thought it would be a good idea to clean out all the trash too. Went back the next day after finding the class ring and my buddy pulls a sterling cross from the same area. We aren't done there yet...

Posted by: Possumcop
Date: August 29, 2018 11:41PM
Good job

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login