Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
City park Sunday
Posted by: JoeVal
Date: September 23, 2018 03:39PM
Got out this morning and hunted two parks for a little more than five hours today. 32 pieces of trash, and 44 pieces of "treasure." The most unusual find was what appears to have been some sort of keychain jewelry or a part from a Porsche automobile. Not sure what it is, but maybe one of you Porsche people might know. It’s pretty roached from being in the ground, so this is the best image I could get with my iPad camera. If you look closely, you can see part of the nam Porsche, as well as the Porsche insignia.

Garrett AT Max
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tek-Point pinpointer
F-Pulse pinpointer

Re: City park Sunday
Posted by: nam1969
Date: September 28, 2018 09:09AM
enjoyed looking . Semper Fi Vet

Posted by: stoneshirt
Date: October 12, 2018 05:31PM
Why do all these People want to Post their Trash?
Ken.

Posted by: JoeVal
Date: October 12, 2018 05:59PM
Because it shows that metal detecting isn’t all about finding gold & diamond rings, rare coins and artifacts from the Victorian era.

Next question...

Posted by: Gamma_Joe
Date: October 12, 2018 07:39PM
stoneshirt
Why do all these People want to Post their Trash?
Ken.

Two good reasons, and there could be more.

First .... it lets us all know that finding trash is a natural part of the hobby. Trash happens. When you are detecting, and you are filling your trash pouch with those bottle caps, pull tabs, can slaw, and foil, you are doing the right thing. You're getting rid of it and dumping it into recycling where it belongs. To hell with the lazy slobs who threw their garbage on the ground, years ago. You're fixing it. And giving our hobby a good name.

Second .... it's a good idea to see how many "beeps" resulted in trash, compared to how many "beeps: resulted in good targets coming up. It would be great to go over an old 1900 property and just dig Buffalo nickels, without any junk. But that isn't going to happen. The trash photos keep it real.

Third .... It's good to see how many holes a guy had to dig. Nobody has a magic metal detector.

Hoping it helps.

Cheers,

Joe

:thumbup:N/T
Posted by: ohio fred
Date: October 12, 2018 08:24PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: whyicare
Date: October 13, 2018 05:32PM
Today i was at a park about 20 miles away from home. I spent 2 1/2 hours hunting. All clad coins: 18 quarters, 24 dimes, 3 nickels and 17 pennies. Oh, several bottle caps. 2 pull tabs. Fisher F75 and White TRX pinpointer. I go by number of coins per hour and $ per hour.

Posted by: Gamma_Joe
Date: October 13, 2018 07:48PM
whyicare
Today i was at a park about 20 miles away from home. I spent 2 1/2 hours hunting. All clad coins: 18 quarters, 24 dimes, 3 nickels and 17 pennies. Oh, several bottle caps. 2 pull tabs. Fisher F75 and White TRX pinpointer. I go by number of coins per hour and $ per hour.

More quarters than pennies -- and also more dimes than pennies. I wonder how they got there. Did the park ever have some kind of carnival or a raffle, or something like that?

Usually I find more lots more clad pennies than dimes or quarters in the parks here (northern Florida).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login