Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
New toy and unusual find
Posted by: JoeVal
Date: October 06, 2018 07:27PM
I’ve been thinking about getting a Garrett Pro series detector for awhile, and found an AT Max today for an excellent price. I have a lot to learn about this machine, but I will say that it finds stuff DEEEEEP!

Took it out between rain storms and worked a playground that I’ve worked heavily the last few weeks. Aside from the two surface find coins, the rest were 6-8 deep, and two coins were below the wood chip mulch, and were in the blue clay below at 9” & 10”. Awesome machine!

The trash is a combination of last evening and today's digs. The most unusual find was this lead egg found about 9”. I thought it might be a meteorite because it weighs 1#-2.6oz., but when I hit it against a grinding wheel, there were no sparks. I’ve been in construction most of my adult life, and never saw a "lead egg" ibefore. Maybe someone here could shed some light on what it might have been used for. It was dug from the lawn in front of the school, so it was probably brought there with the fill dirt used to develop the site nearly 50 years ago.

The landscape spike rang up a so'id 79-80, and was dug at 4” with the Land Ranger Pro. It was straight down, so I was detecting right off the top of the spike.

Garrett AT Max
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tek-Point pinpointer
F-Pulse pinpointer

Nice finds.N/T
Posted by: ohio fred
Date: October 06, 2018 09:10PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: New toy and unusual find
Posted by: Foreverteachable
Date: October 06, 2018 10:06PM
Way to go! A buddy of mine gave me one of the first AT pros and it had the smaller coil on it and I found a button down 8-9 in and the head off a pewter spoon at like 10-11 in. The Garret machines are definitely nice.

Posted by: nam1969
Date: October 11, 2018 04:47PM
you had a great day .Do you like the at max ? I'm thinking about purchasing me one .. Semper Fi Vet

Posted by: buzzoff
Date: October 18, 2018 07:00PM
Looks like a fishing lead weight. Look for openings on both ends, maybe filled with dirt.

Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: October 18, 2018 07:19PM
It is a fishing sinker. There should be a hole all the way thru the egg that the fishing line passes thru. Used to keep fishing bait at or near the bottom in swifter water.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Posted by: JoeVal
Date: October 19, 2018 04:42AM
There is no hole in it. It’s a solid ingot. I’m very familiar with egg sinkers.

Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: October 21, 2018 05:52PM
weird. At 2.6 oz it may be for checking the accuracy of a scale.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login