Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Today’s finds from well hunted schoolyard
Posted by: JoeVal
Date: October 26, 2018 09:15PM
Went to a closed elementary school this afternoon that me and Ohio Fred have worked many times, and worked the grassy areas near the paved recess pad. I saw lots of holes left by others who were detecting the site, and some of these finds came within a couple of inches of those holes. I’m learning that a site is never really hunted out!

The area is super trashy, but each outing I get more dialed into how the Max shows the good targets among the trash, and dig more targets that go into the "keep-em" pouch instead of the trash pouch.

Today’s finds include a 2005 rabies dog tag, a 1955D Wheatie, and a button from an article of girl's clothing by the Olsen Twins. All easy finds for the AT MAX!

Re: Today’s finds from well hunted schoolyard
Posted by: woody
Date: October 27, 2018 08:15AM
You are right. Seems to always be something left. So many variables go into not finding it all. Every thing from ground moisture to detector freq. and many, many more.

Nice finds.:thumbup:N/T
Posted by: ohio fred
Date: October 27, 2018 10:57AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: Sanderling
Date: October 31, 2018 12:54PM
Used to love hunting old school yards when I lived in Kentucky. Thought I had my first gold coin when I saw a gold colored reeded edge of a coin sticking out of the side of hole. Turns out it was a 1,000 Peso coin from Mexico made of some sort of aluminum/bronze composite. It looked a lot better then. Now I live in Florida where most of the schools are fenced and gated. Unfortunate sign of the times.

Posted by: Confetrit
Date: October 31, 2018 06:16PM
Don't you just love walking away with found treasures from those "Hunted Out Sites"? Congrat's to you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login