Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Silver & Wheat's
Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: December 01, 2018 04:12PM
Howdy--

My friend, Kenneth hunted a vacant home and dug a nice Franklin half, a merc and several wheat cents. Due to his age (he is 86 years young) and a disability from a 1950's oil field accident, he is only able to swing the 4x6 coil on his VX3. After he was satisfied that he had pulled the majority of the goodies from the site he invited me to take a shot at it.

I used the 9" spider coil on my V3i to get the depth that Kenneth couldn't reach. He already dug most of the goodies but I was able to squeeze a few keepers out of the site. Aside from the 1943-P silver Jefferson which was only 3" deep, the 2 silver dimes and wheat cents were between 6 and 8 inches. The jumping Jacks item was about 10 inches deep. I had a bouncy 60's reading on that and was really expecting junk. I'm glad that I dug it. I believe that the small coin beneath the silver is a play coin although I have never seen anything quite like it. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Re: Silver & Wheat's
Posted by: billpa
Date: December 01, 2018 04:58PM
That's some nice finds you dug there.

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: December 01, 2018 05:55PM
Nice....

Posted by: fwcrawford
Date: December 04, 2018 07:13PM
Nice finds... as the old saying goes, not site is hunted out.. here's the proof.

Date: December 05, 2018 12:26AM
Thanks Billpa. It's always nice to dig a little silver. Plus I dug a few coins older than I am -and THAT'S getting harder and harder to do hahah. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: December 05, 2018 12:29AM
Thanks bootyhoundpa. And congratulations on winning the contest! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: December 05, 2018 12:38AM
Thanks fwcrawford. I agree - no site is ever completely hunted out. There are sites that I have hunted since the 1980's and I don't hesitate to return with new equipment. We never get it ALL! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login