Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Silver & Wheat's
Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: January 12, 2019 06:49PM
Thanks, Brierfield. I agree completely! No place is ever hunted out. You have a good hunting strategy which I also employ. Aside from using a different detector, a change of search coils is also often productive. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: January 12, 2019 06:53PM
Mkus, good for your Dad! Detecting will keep him young!! I'm sure that you have given him a few pointers because you do VERY well! Best of luck to you and your Dad and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Posted by: Gamma_Joe
Date: January 12, 2019 08:55PM
Well done!

It's true that no site is completely "hunted out".

I went to a park that I had already hunted in half a dozen times. This time, came up with a 1928 Mercury dime just two inches down, right next to a sidewalk.

It's a spot I must have gone through before. Also it's a prime place where other detectors would have been, naturally. Along with being happy to find it, I'm still shaking my head and wondering how I could have missed it before then.

It really makes a guy think about his detecting technique, one of the best things of this hobby.

Cheers,

Joe

Posted by: JoeVal
Date: January 13, 2019 07:59AM
Nice finds. Post that coin to a couple of the relic forums and Facebook forums. They might help,identify what it is.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login