Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Silver & Wheat's
Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: January 12, 2019 06:49PM
Thanks, Brierfield. I agree completely! No place is ever hunted out. You have a good hunting strategy which I also employ. Aside from using a different detector, a change of search coils is also often productive. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: January 12, 2019 06:53PM
Mkus, good for your Dad! Detecting will keep him young!! I'm sure that you have given him a few pointers because you do VERY well! Best of luck to you and your Dad and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Posted by: Gamma_Joe
Date: January 12, 2019 08:55PM
Well done!

It's true that no site is completely "hunted out".

I went to a park that I had already hunted in half a dozen times. This time, came up with a 1928 Mercury dime just two inches down, right next to a sidewalk.

It's a spot I must have gone through before. Also it's a prime place where other detectors would have been, naturally. Along with being happy to find it, I'm still shaking my head and wondering how I could have missed it before then.

It really makes a guy think about his detecting technique, one of the best things of this hobby.

Cheers,

Joe

Posted by: JoeVal
Date: January 13, 2019 07:59AM
Nice finds. Post that coin to a couple of the relic forums and Facebook forums. They might help,identify what it is.

Date: January 28, 2019 02:04PM
Thanks Gamma_Joe!

It's hard to say how you missed that 1928 Merc. Maybe there was another piece of metal in close proximity to that Merc and THIS time you hit it from a different angle and got the good signal? Did you change detectors, settings or coil selection? Did the surface conditions change at all? I remember an old "oil-camp that I detected in the 1980's with my first real detector - a Fisher 1260-X and thought that I had it cleaned out. Then a few years later I revisited that site and in an area 60' by 60' using my new Whit's XLT over 40 wheat cents and several silver dimes. I attribute that to new technology and experience. But who knows? Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: January 28, 2019 02:05PM
Thanks JoeVal. I took your advice and posted pics on the Whatsit forum. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login