Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: "You’re not going to get anything here."
Posted by: Ohio Dirt Fisher
Date: January 12, 2019 05:53PM
I hear those hunted out stories all the time as well and realize that the guy telling me is an octogenarian. Not that that's a bad thing and God Bless him, but, the machines they used to use back in the day really can't compare to the machines in the here and now. And besides, one of the older fellas told me once that a particular park was a SEA of silver. It still was, but far and few between I'm afraid! LOL!

Nice haul and keep up the good work! I used all my clad to GET MORE EQUIPMENT!

Ed

Re: "You’re not going to get anything here."
Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: January 13, 2019 11:59AM
Similar experience a few years back. Local park that at one time was a ball park and an old national guard armory next door. My son and I were detecting the old armory property when a gentleman came by and told me that we were wasting our time as he had dug every coin out of those two properties. I had dug a lot of clad out of those two properties and we were just looking for stuff I had missed. A few minutes before the gentleman came by my son had just dug his first silver coin. I did not have the heart to tell the gentleman that he missed 14 silver coins in those two properties. I still go back occasionally to hunt that silver coin that I am sure that I missed.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login