Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Early 1900's homestead first days targets
Posted by: F_27stryker1
Date: December 22, 2018 10:49PM
Nokta anfibio pulled these up at a bulldozed homestead way out in the woods. Didn't have but a couple hours of light after I found the place.
Couple toe taps, Carhartt buttons, old pocketknife, harmonica reeds(love finding these as they are good signs for what I like to hunt), steam engine/boiler co. Plate, watch piece dated 1902, heel plate, suspender clip, u.s. thingy, round tag with hand scratched 5A, broken Arrowhead found in hole.
Not bad for 2 hours of heavy iron and horrible hunting conditions....knee high weeds and thickets

Re: Early 1900's homestead first days targets
Posted by: laplander
Date: December 23, 2018 07:13PM
Nice! So close to a complete heel plate :cool:
Jeff

Posted by: F_27stryker1
Date: December 23, 2018 08:58PM
I'm almost positive that more will come out of this site, this was all with the stock coil, going to try the 5" dd on it the next go around. My favorite places to detect are old long forgotten homes, that werent even on the topo maps or atlas's of the day. Most are a good mile walk from the nearest road here.

Posted by: laplander
Date: December 24, 2018 08:14AM
Research/diligent hunting pays off!! Where are you located?
Jeff

Posted by: Eliteuser
Date: December 24, 2018 10:51AM
Looks like a padlock cover with U S stamped on it. Good finds, keep pounding the site. HH Jerry

Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: December 28, 2018 07:37PM
Howdy F_27stryker1--

I think that you have a very good hunting strategy - to hunt old sites that are off the beaten path. I foresee some really good keepers going into your goodie bag. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Posted by: Sataro
Date: December 29, 2018 12:22PM
Nice finds... Be interesting to see what that small coil pops up. More goodies are definitely waiting on you there.

XP Deus | Lesche Digger | MI-6 Pinpointer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login