Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Posted by: pat (chicago)
Date: March 03, 2019 05:23PM
He put it together beautifully! And as a pro should.
What kind if steel is that called that made the blades?

Re: something old something new
Posted by: laplander
Date: March 03, 2019 08:29PM
The technique is called Damascus Steel. The wavy "grain" is formed by forge welding steel in layers or folding. The final step is to acid etch to reveal the design. The best I can tell this is probably the correct blade for this knife circa 1780's -1830's.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login