Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
how cold can you take it
Posted by: laplander
Date: February 18, 2019 07:59PM
Got out for a short cold hunt, 18 degrees and the Equinox performed flawlessly. Armed with the six inch coil amongst the iron and brush on an old ghost town site I managed a few targets out of a heavily hunted site.
HH Jeff

Re: how cold can you take it
Posted by: Mkus
Date: February 18, 2019 08:20PM
Nice finds Jeff yeah been there in that cold I’m used to it being an ice fisherman but we cut holes it’s a little easier hey maybe I can make a plug cutter for those frozen ground days!

Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: February 20, 2019 05:50PM
That is far colder than I want to experience. Snow, Ice and cold were some of the reasons that I did not move back north when I retired.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Posted by: woody
Date: February 22, 2019 10:07AM
Go south young man, go south.

Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: February 22, 2019 06:27PM
Jeff, you are one hard core detectorist! 18 degrees??? Even when I detected in Buffalo NY , 30 degrees was my cut off. Neat finds by the way - you earned them! Keep warm. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Posted by: Big Treble
Date: February 23, 2019 08:15AM
I've started out in mornings in the low 20s but I knew before long it would be in the upper 30s to 40s. I can generally take either cold or semi frozen ground, but not both. Just a battle I choose not to have. Lol

Posted by: sasquache
Date: February 24, 2019 05:46AM
I gotta say I've been out in some really cold - temps when i was a young man but since I've gone into my 50's i cant do the cold like i used to so now i can tolerate single digits with gloves

Posted by: laplander
Date: February 24, 2019 07:20AM
sasquache
I gotta say I've been out in some really cold - temps when i was a young man but since I've gone into my 50's i cant do the cold like i used to so now i can tolerate single digits with gloves
I am the same vintage as you Sasquache, so its all about the gear. Between NASA, military and hunting we have some innovative improvements that make it possible in comfort.
Jeff

Posted by: pmhoover
Date: March 02, 2019 09:27PM
Been out several times around 30 degrees, just a matter of dressing appropriately. And bringing the requisite jackhammer!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login