Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Have Any Of You Found A Twenty Cent Silver Coin ?
Posted by: E-Trac-Ohio
Date: February 22, 2019 06:13AM
I remember seeing a few 20 Cent Coins in the forums along time ago but I don't remember seeing any posted in the last five years or so.
They were only minted from 1875 to 1878.
Just curious ... have any of you guy's found one of these rare coins ?

Good Hunting !

XP Deus * 9" LF Coil * Vance / Killer B Hybrid Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Re: Have Any Of You Found A Twenty Cent Silver Coin ?
Posted by: laplander
Date: February 22, 2019 07:23AM
No I haven't, still on my list. Better yet have you found one? Years ago at a seeded open there where over a 100 hunters attending and the same question came up, the response was no one, but one guy knew someone who had dug one. Rarer than hens teeth would be the category, rarer than a gold coin by a long ways.
Still looking,
Jeff

Posted by: jim tn
Date: February 22, 2019 08:11AM
Seems like within the last year I saw one posted on another forum. But you are right, they are few and far between. I've been a avid old coin hunter for 47 years now, and that is one coin that still alludes me...and the vast majority of other coin hunters as well. HH jim tn

Posted by: woody
Date: February 22, 2019 10:03AM
Wow! Never even heard of one. Sure would be nice to dig one.

Posted by: E-Trac-Ohio
Date: February 22, 2019 10:51AM
Hi Jeff, No, I've never found a 20 Cent coin - I just wanted to see how many people would say they had !

laplander
No I haven't, still on my list. Better yet have you found one? Years ago at a seeded open there where over a 100 hunters attending and the same question came up, the response was no one, but one guy knew someone who had dug one. Rarer than hens teeth would be the category, rarer than a gold coin by a long ways.
Still looking,
Jeff

XP Deus * 9" LF Coil * Vance / Killer B Hybrid Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Posted by: Mkus
Date: February 22, 2019 04:20PM
Thought I found one this year it turned out a 1876 CC pretty worn but my first CC seated

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: February 22, 2019 04:42PM
1793 flowing hair large cent-yup, 1877 indian head-yup,flying eagle cent-yup,silver bust dimes-yup, silver 20 cent piece NOPE..

Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: February 22, 2019 06:22PM
Howdy E-Trac-Ohio--

No Sir. I haven't yet dug a 20 cent piece. I did save my clad and, with it, purchased an 1875-S 20 cent piece. I had to see how it would read on my detector! For unusual denomination finds, the neatist that I have dug are 3 cent nickles. In almost 40 years of detecting I have only dug 2 of those : 1866 & 1870. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: February 22, 2019 06:42PM
Mkus, would love to see a picture of that 76-CC? Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Posted by: Mkus
Date: February 22, 2019 07:00PM
It’s hard to see the CC if you enlarge you can just make it out
Mark

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2019 07:01PM by Mkus.

Posted by: steelheadwill
Date: February 23, 2019 04:59PM
I pulled it from salt mud, and only the legend 'twenty cents ' was visible, woo hoo! Wrapped it up n kept digging,
Later discovered its a 1912-18 Chinese silver☺️HH all.

See More Finds at www.yougofishing.com !

I looked through all the archived posts.....
Posted by: Chris(SoCenWI)
Date: February 23, 2019 09:55PM
ETO,

I also remember seeing at least a couple posted here, and that would have been on the Explorer forum. I think Ric(il) was one. I did come across at least one when I searched, but it looks like the archives only go back to 2004, the ones I remember may have been found before then.

Chris

Posted by: cz70pro
Date: February 24, 2019 12:45AM
I never have but I really want to!

Posted by: pmhoover
Date: March 02, 2019 09:25PM
Oddly enough, was just talking with the girlfriend about this 2 minutes ago! Minted for only three years (1875-78), they are gonna be tough to find! I'll be super happy when I do!! :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login