Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Epic day of hunting! TWO coin spills. One had a GOLD COIN! Huge Gold Ring Silver Coins
Posted by: cz70pro
Date: February 23, 2019 12:57AM
It has been a while since I have posted on the forum but I just had to share one of the best days detecting I have ever had with you here. I found a field that was owned by the city that bordered some older Victorian homes. I decided to hunt it and I was definitely glad I did! It had been hunted before but there were lots of mid and low tones still in the ground. I spent the day digging every single signal above 0 on the conductive scale and boy did it ever pay off! Rather than write a long post about the hunt, I thought I would give you a link so you could watch the entire hunt on video on my channel I started 6 months ago called Finding America. I named this video "Dazed For Days" as that is exactly what happened to me after finding my first US gold coin. I have found 5 gold coins in total over my 39 years of hunting but this was my very first US gold coin. An 1879 2.50 gold quarter eagle in amazing condition. Definitely my pride and joy! LOL

Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpOmyv7zcEo

Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/findingamerica

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2019 01:09AM by cz70pro.

Re: Epic day of hunting! TWO coin spills. One had a GOLD COIN! Huge Gold Ring Silver Coins
Posted by: laplander
Date: February 23, 2019 06:25AM
Awesome report, congratulations on the gold coin !!
Thanks for sharing,
Jeff

Re: Epic day of hunting! TWO coin spills. One had a GOLD COIN! Huge Gold Ring Silver Coins
Posted by: Mkus
Date: February 23, 2019 06:44AM
Wow sweet finds gold coins are like a needle in the haystack! I’ve chatted with you on YouTube I watch videos and often think about doing some like the hunt We had yesterday
Congratulations
Mark

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2019 06:47AM by Mkus.

Date: February 23, 2019 11:51AM
laplander
Awesome report, congratulations on the gold coin !!
Thanks for sharing,
Jeff

Thanks Jeff. It was an absolutely amazing day of hunting. Almost needed a paramedic at the end of the day when the gold coin spill pipped up! LOL
Greg

Date: February 23, 2019 11:52AM
Mkus
Wow sweet finds gold coins are like a needle in the haystack! I’ve chatted with you on YouTube I watch videos and often think about doing some like the hunt We had yesterday
Congratulations
Mark

Thanks Mark. It definitely was a moment I will not soon forget.
ATB Greg

Posted by: coin-star
Date: February 23, 2019 06:33PM
Wow. Truly epic. Congrats!

CS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2019 06:34PM by coin-star.

Posted by: always diggin 2
Date: February 23, 2019 06:47PM
congratulations on the gold coin !!

Started detecting Oct 2010 w/Tracker 4; March 2011 upgraded to F2; Compadre; Leashe; Makro PP; F44

Date: February 23, 2019 07:18PM
Thanks Coin-Star! It was an amazing hunt.

coin-star
Wow. Truly epic. Congrats!

CS

Date: February 23, 2019 07:19PM
Thanks! It was an awesome moment to finally get that bucket lister.
Greg

always diggin 2
congratulations on the gold coin !!

Posted by: woody
Date: February 23, 2019 09:05PM
Great finds. Only gold coin I've ever seen was one I bought.

Date: February 23, 2019 11:02PM
Thanks Woody! You never know when it is going to be your day to find one.
ATB Greg

woody
Great finds. Only gold coin I've ever seen was one I bought.

Posted by: E-Trac-Ohio
Date: February 24, 2019 05:33AM
What a FANTASTIC bunch of finds - a HUGE congrats on the Gold coin ! :beers:

XP Deus * 9" LF Coil * Vance / Killer B Hybrid Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Posted by: HIGH HO SILVER
Date: February 24, 2019 07:33AM
Great channel and I'm a subscriber. Dream finds, in fact; instead of counting 'sheep' trying to go to sleep at night... I dream about counting silver and gold coin spills I've never experienced :shocked:

Date: February 24, 2019 10:30AM
Thanks Ohio! It's a hunt that is hard to put into words. So glad I was able to capture the moment on video ATB Greg

E-Trac-Ohio
What a FANTASTIC bunch of finds - a HUGE congrats on the Gold coin ! :beers:

Date: February 24, 2019 10:32AM
Thanks HHS! I put a lot of work into my channel and videos and I am very happy to hear you subbed and are enjoying it. As for your sleep method, that would just keep me up all night! LOL

ATB GReg

HIGH HO SILVER
Great channel and I'm a subscriber. Dream finds, in fact; instead of counting 'sheep' trying to go to sleep at night... I dream about counting silver and gold coin spills I've never experienced :shocked:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login