Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Marine Corps Fob...
Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: March 20, 2019 08:08PM
Howdy--

My detecting buddy Kenneth gave me a call and told me about a site that he had procured permission to hunt. He had already tested it out and dug 5 wheat cents and a silver Jefferson in addition to several clad coins. The lot is a corner lot where 3 houses that date to the 1940's had been torn down.

Kenneth used his 4x6 coil on his Vx3 and I in search of deeper targets choose the 9" Spider Coil on my V3i. My first signal was a clad quarter at 5 inches, I then dug a few pounds of scrap copper and more clad and memorials. When I swung the coil in the area where the cloths line would have been I got an 86-88 reading at 8 inches. I was hoping for a silver half or a silver quarter but I was not disappointed to dig what I believe to be a U.S. Marine Corps Fob. I always enjoy digging military or military related items especially those related to the Marine Corps. My Father-in-law served in the South Pacific during WW2 and spent time in the hospital in Pearl Harbor recovering from wounds. He was one tough guy who I admired greatly. I also dug 5 wheat cents and a toy bullet. We will have to get back to that site - there has to be silver there waiting for us! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Re: Marine Corps Fob...
Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: March 20, 2019 08:17PM
Nice finds buddy...

Date: March 20, 2019 08:21PM
Thanks bootyhoundpa. It was good to get out swinging the coil! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Posted by: Mkus
Date: March 21, 2019 06:02AM
Cool find I like finding military stuff!
Mark

Posted by: galwayboy
Date: March 21, 2019 09:08AM
love that fob, that would win 1st place, military, in my MD clubs monthly finds competition.

You think this Universe is bad, you should see the others.

Phillip K Dick

Posted by: Confetrit
Date: March 21, 2019 12:23PM
Blind Squirrel, Nice find on the Marine Corps Fob. Semper Fi to your Father In Law and to his memory if he is no longer with us from a younger Marine. Those Marines, Sailors, and Soldiers from WWII were tough alright. I always try to go out of my way to shake a hand and say Thank You to a WWII Vet if I see one. They were of the Greatest Generation. If they had not defeated Imperial Japan or the Nazi war machine, as messed up as our country seems at times today, it could have been worse. A lot worse.

Posted by: usmctop
Date: March 21, 2019 03:05PM
that looks like the USMC Good Conduct Medal with the upper ribbon missing. Very nice find!

Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: March 22, 2019 09:13AM
Good info usmctop. And looks like a good hunt there, OP. Congrats!

Banned this clown for calling Windy City a crook in detector sales and from pm he sent me.

Posted by: Sataro
Date: March 24, 2019 09:25AM
Congrats on a very nice find!

Equinox 800 | Lesche Digger | Quest Xpointer

Date: March 25, 2019 01:33AM
Thanks Mark.Yes sir. I love digging military items - the older the better. One of my favorites is the Regiment of Artillerists Button (War of 1812) that I dug a few years ago. best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: March 25, 2019 01:36AM
Thanks usmctop! I appreciate the positive I D. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: March 25, 2019 01:39AM
Thanks galwayboy. USMCTOP gave a positive identification. It's a USMC Good Conduct Medal! Best of luck and ...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: March 25, 2019 02:01AM
Thank you Confetrit. And thank you for YOUR service! I couldn't agree with you more - the WW2 generation was/is still the greatest. For the last 15 years I have had the honor of volunteering for Hospice and have met many WW2 veterans. I'll never forget while visiting patients in a nursing home sitting down with 2 B-24 pilots. One of them flew over 30 missions in Europe. After listening to many of his stories, I suggested that he write a book. When he told me that he had written a book I ordered a copy. I treasure that book which he autographed for me. Semper Fi. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: March 25, 2019 02:05AM
Thanks Champ Ferguson. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Date: March 25, 2019 02:07AM
Thanks Sataro. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Sqirrel

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login