Findmall.com

Today's Finds Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Little help for first time MD hunting
Posted by: sunhoro
Date: April 11, 2019 07:58PM
Hello all,

I live in Hudson County, New Jersey, and recently bought a Fisher Metal Detector for the first time.
Have 0 experience in hunting and excited to make a new hobby.
I wanted to go hunt on near state parks (cuz I have no idea where/how to contact good personal properties) and did some research on regulations and permits.
But it's not really clear how it works (some say both Essex and Hudson County totally banned MD).

I'm trying to see if I can go hunt on James J. Braddock North Hudson County Park or Laurel Hill Park.

It will so very muchly be appreciated if anyone can give some guidance for a beginner so that I don't end up paying fines.

Thanks!

P.S. I am also down to go hunt near Rutgers University (Piscataway), have anyone ever hunted there?
Also, please correct me if this is the wrong forum to wite this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2019 07:59PM by sunhoro.

Re: Little help for first time MD hunting
Posted by: Mcdetect
Date: April 12, 2019 09:07AM
Not sure of NJ rules but in PA you must get the permission of the park manager before hunting in a state park. Also...you should practice in your own yard first and only venture out when you are able to extract a target leaving little to no trace of your activity on the turf. Lots of videos on YouTube showing proper digging/extracting. A good digging tool and a pinpointer are a must to minimize turf impact.

Re: Little help for first time MD hunting
Posted by: trojdor
Date: April 13, 2019 12:51AM
sunhoro
Also, please correct me if this is the wrong forum to wite this.

Yeah, probably better to either post in the Metal Detecting sub forum here:
https://www.findmall.com/list.php?18

or in the specific Fisher sub forum that matches your new detector.
(Where guys have lots of experience with your specific model.)

The "Today's Finds Forum" is, (as you might suspect) meant for showing your recent finds...

Good Luck, and welcome to this new sport/hobby/addiction,
:)
mike

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login