Findmall.com

New User Forum. We're looking for dealer sponsor.

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Where do I ask or find information about how to use THIS forum?
Posted by: silvertitan
Date: October 23, 2014 03:31PM
JW
General Rules

The Finds Treasure Forum Classifieds is for individual use only with the exception of banner advertising buyers. Those buyers may advertise their traded in, discontinued models, etc.

Individual sellers may post their normal unwanted detectors on here, But they cannot exceed (1) one detector in a (3) three month period.

1.These rules apply to all posts made after 7-09-09.

2. Only items that are metal detectors are allowed to be posted on this page. Please use the Accessories Classified Forum page for other metal detecting items.

3. Only For Sale, For Trade, or Wanted to Buy ads are allowed.

4. Only Forum Members Registered for 90 days or longer that have more than 24 significant posts in our other forums, may post For Sale ads.

Wow! Thanks for adressing this!

We did find these rules for posting ads. But did not find out what it takes to message another member who has an item for sale. I purchased an Etrac and some coils that were listed on other venues because I could not do so from here without replying to a post. I would not post my email or other personal information in public. Again, this is just feedback. The rules are not clearly posted (nor is my inquiry addressed in the quote above). Thank you.

Posted by: silvertitan
Date: October 23, 2014 03:32PM
Hmm as of the last post (#18) I now have the "Send a Message" option.
So the 24 post rule does not apply to sending a message apparently.

Posted by: chuck, ky
Date: October 24, 2014 02:51PM
if I'm reading the rules right the 24 posts are needed to be able to post something in the classifieds for sale. that is a safe guard against someone just coming on here to try to sell things

Posted by: TechBill
Date: December 02, 2014 12:58AM
Member messaging features is enabled on 15th day of being a member and submitted at least 15 posts on Findmall forums. Both rules must apply before it is enabled.

It was put in to prevent the hit and run spammers and also to prevent those non-sponsors dealers trying to take advantage of It

Bill

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login