Findmall.com

New User Forum Sponsored by Kellyco

Welcome! Log In Register
New to Detecting. Cedar Park TX
Posted by: dodkalm81
Date: January 05, 2016 05:37PM
I am new to Metal Detecting. Does anyone know of any places in the Cedar Park Tx area that we are allowed to detect. I have been trying to read up on the different laws and such, and some places seem a bit hazy to me on if we are allowed. For instance playgrounds. Do you need to get permission to detect there. I am not looking to get rich or anything.I just find it a very calming hobby. Plus it allows me to clean up the community. I was testing the detector at a local school ( which now reading not sure if I am allowed) and found 8 inch piece of metal buried shallow into the ground near a slide. It felt good to remove that hazard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Welcome to Finds Treasure Forums..
Posted by: Elton
Date: January 05, 2016 08:39PM
I'm sure you will get the answers you seek on here or one of our fine forums.

What kind of detector are you using.??

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2016 08:41PM by Elton.

Re: New to Detecting. Cedar Park TX
Posted by: dodkalm81
Date: January 06, 2016 08:49AM
Its an entry level detector. the Bounty Hunter Time Ranger. I thought I would dip my toes into the hobby first, before I go all in.

I hope I can find the answers, I really am not looking to break any Laws.

Posted by: beeperboy
Date: April 18, 2016 08:37AM
A safe bet would be just ask. My favorite spot is old homes. Many times the people living in the home would have an interest in the hobby. I just knock on the door and hand them my card. (A professional business type card with all your info on it is a great thing to have. It shows them you not trying to hide anything)
I have several detectors so I usually have a back-up in the car I offer to let them use and show them how it works. Most times, if they do accept, they don't hunt very long, but are alway appreciative.
I always show them the goodies I've found. You never know what they may have lost in the yard that they may not even remember.

Posted by: njemt24
Date: July 13, 2016 07:02AM
Welcome

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login