Findmall.com

New User Forum. We're looking for dealer sponsor.

Welcome! Log In Register
Rechargeable batteries
Posted by: Novice Ron
Date: February 17, 2018 06:44PM
Hello,
I am looking for good rechargeable batteries and a charger. I do have a charger and AA batteries but even after a full charge the voltage is only 1.35 volts. Good factory non- rechargeable batteries read 1.6 volts. Can I match the factory ones with rechargeable batteries. I detect a good bit and I need good batteries all the time. anyone have ideas ??? Please leave me know.
Novice Ron

Re: Rechargeable batteries
Posted by: rogueaviation
Date: April 14, 2018 12:09PM
Dude, I'm there with you. I hate the idea of a lot of batteries on the landfill, and since I have five kids, rechargeables are way more cost effective in most of our devices.

That being said, a lot of devices around the house, including the metal detectors that use AAs need more voltage than rechargeable AA batteries provide.

One solution is the Eneloop batteries, which hold a slightly higher voltage for longer than trypical rechargeables. They are expensive, but you really do get what you pay for in this case. I think I got 8 AAs and a charger with a couple AAAs for around $30 on [the big smiling box] online store.

The other workaround is to add a cell to your battery pack. Going from 8 rechargeables at 9.6 volts, to nine rechargeable cells at 10.8 makes most detectors much happier. I have an MXT, and the 9 cell conversion is pretty straightforward if you have basic soldering skills to attach another battery in series.

9 volt rechargeable batteries put out 9v, so detectors and pinpointers that use those are a drop in replacement and don't need any modifications at all. I run rechargeable 9v batteries in a Coinmaster and two pinpointers and they work fine on them.

Re: Rechargeable batteries
Posted by: Ozleif
Date: May 15, 2018 05:35PM
Look up "kentli batteries"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login