Findmall.com

NEW Garrett ATX Metal Detector

Welcome! Log In Register
New Comparison Video - ATX vs...Well you know
Posted by: bearkat4160
Date: December 04, 2013 12:16PM
Here is the video on the Metal Detecting board on Findmall:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?18,1993419,1993419#msg-1993419

Minelab GPX 5000, Garrett ATX, Whites GMT, Fisher Gold Bug II, Garrett GTI 2500, Infinium LS, Ace 250, Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT Gold.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2013 12:21PM by bearkat4160.

Re: New Comparison Video - ATX vs...Well you know
Posted by: GoldChaser
Date: December 04, 2013 12:32PM
Thanks Bearkat! The biggest takeaway for me was that the ATGold got all the targets! Talk about price-performance!

Posted by: 3tone
Date: December 05, 2013 03:50AM
Hey Bearkat. Impressed with all of your videos.A question comes to mind,when you run the AT GOLD over the same targets it does extremely well.how would it compare if the three were in highly mineralised soil,or on a salt beach?

Date: December 05, 2013 11:49AM
The worse the soil the better the PI's will do. There is some ground down in Cali that the AT Gold just goes bonkers, that;s when a PI just shines. The ground in the video in medium hot but consistent with not a lot of iron pockets o rrocks so the AT Gold does a bit better in areas like that. But you put hot rocks and more iron rich soil...got to have a PI.

I'm not sure how the AT Gold does on a beach as I've never had mine in that environment, but I'd like to hear myself how it does on salt.

Bearkat

Minelab GPX 5000, Garrett ATX, Whites GMT, Fisher Gold Bug II, Garrett GTI 2500, Infinium LS, Ace 250, Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT Gold.

Posted by: 3tone
Date: December 05, 2013 11:59AM
Hey Bearkat. Thanks for the reply,appreciate your time.

Posted by: Night Crawler
Date: December 05, 2013 12:14PM
You have done one heck of a great job making these ATX videos BK and I really appreciate the hard work you have done here. Watching your videos has been instrumental with me in my decision to buy one and I want to thank you for that BK. I hope you continue to make more ATX videos, as they really show how it performs out in the field.

:)

Posted by: Fishers Ghost
Date: December 05, 2013 03:29PM
bearkat4160
Here is the video on the Metal Detecting board on Findmall:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?18,1993419,1993419#msg-1993419

Great vid BK.
Would you believe that the Aussie boys are still calling it a biased and unfair comparison.
I reckon Garrett should forget Australia, focus on the civilised world and let the Aussie desert dwellers find out for themselves how good the ATX is.

This place is a small market and time is wasted and sales are lost in trying to impress a minority group of ML operators although I am certain that a few will include an ATX in their kit now that they can see that it hits all size gold very well and with just one coil and for sure the beach and relic detectorists will require very little convincing

Posted by: rigger572
Date: December 05, 2013 04:30PM
fishers ghost
Were not all desert dwellers some live in the bush and were not all one eyed Minelab users, but were smart enough to use what works for us!! for me its an ATX which i lked what i saw in the first reports and going by the initial sales on the garrett i wasnt alone,for more seroius prospectors theyll get more out of a GPX , and i know theres a lot of pro minelab users in the states ,i dont think your comment is well founded

Posted by: lytle78
Date: December 05, 2013 04:49PM
What settings do you reckon he's using?

This is the REAL market, where Minelab's profits soared in 2011-2013, but have now decreased. Rugged, easy to use detectors with alkaline batteries - no recharging. This is the race and ML has the distribution network. A few months head start by Garrett might be wiped out by the money and attention Minelab has invested in the region. Check out the map. Google Minelab Zimbabwe.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2013 04:53PM by lytle78.

Date: December 05, 2013 05:01PM
I think I need to make a trip to Africa to hunt some nuggets before they get em all...

BK

Date: December 06, 2013 01:07AM
HI BK.
If you have not seen it already, here is an interesting video re the ATX

Date: December 06, 2013 01:14AM
rigger572
fishers ghost
Were not all desert dwellers some live in the bush and were not all one eyed Minelab users, but were smart enough to use what works for us!! for me its an ATX which i lked what i saw in the first reports and going by the initial sales on the garrett i wasnt alone,for more seroius prospectors theyll get more out of a GPX , and i know theres a lot of pro minelab users in the states ,i dont think your comment is well founded

I was being sarcastic because I was in a bad mood :veryangry:..........I am betta now :biggrin:
I realise that the majority of detectorist can see the ATX for what it is and that is a mighty fine metal detector.

Date: December 06, 2013 02:01AM
Oh yea Adrian I've seen that one! Chris looked very excited getting that nugget!

Thanks,
BK

Posted by: rigger572
Date: December 06, 2013 03:19AM
cheers mate!!
Thats ok i had just spent 20 min eating dirt with some of your brave countrymen after a Taliban rocket attack so i was a bit firery we all have bad days too, im better now as well as the net is still working

Posted by: Tye
Date: December 08, 2013 01:53PM
Bk thanks for all the great info!
...and be careful of all the non-Minelab homies...they can be very non-reasoned at times and sensible at others...usually when their alone.. LOL

Cheers,

Tye

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login