Findmall.com

NEW Garrett ATX Metal Detector

Welcome! Log In Register
Atx coil cable
Posted by: undersc0re
Date: November 04, 2017 09:32PM
Just wondering if Garrett has fixed the issue with the atx coil cable issues especially with the new coils that are being put out. Also wondering what the 2 major issues would be with the atx other than weight and sand/salt getting into the parts. Was looking into the deepseeker pkg with the 11 by 13 dd. Also looking at the 3030 but this atx looks much better in a few ways.

Re: Atx coil cable
Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: December 05, 2017 03:07PM
NO.

Posted by: beav
Date: December 06, 2017 05:48AM
No, still the same

Posted by: Ozleif
Date: December 06, 2017 10:30PM
Is the cable deteriorating and self disintegrating, or is it being mistreated ......... I've seen a few of the latter mainly due to ignorance.

Posted by: WaterWalker
Date: December 07, 2017 02:05AM
I have seen both. I also smoothed over the sharp edge of the shaft sections that could aggravate the pinching situation. I also do not collapse the shafts to the max anymore. No problem in the past 18 months or so.

Posted by: beav
Date: December 07, 2017 05:58AM
Disintegrating - bland-new from the factory, never even put on the machine and the coil has micro cracks in it on the inside bends of the coiled cable. No mistreatment, unless it was "factory mistreatment"!?

Date: December 07, 2017 10:40AM
WHY I refuse to buy until Garrett fixes an Obvious defect.

Posted by: Ozleif
Date: December 07, 2017 04:15PM
Garrett use to to have an excellent customer service, I have been fortunate to experience this first hand several times, even from over here .... but I contacted the good people at Garrett's service department first and asked if I could send the item in question in for service/repair.

I found this approach more polite and therefore better than a whole lot of forum fuming.

As to who purchase an ATX on not and for what reason, is their concern and of little interest to me.

:cheers:

Date: December 29, 2017 08:40AM
Ozleif
Garrett use to to have an excellent customer service, I have been fortunate to experience this first hand several times, even from over here .... but I contacted the good people at Garrett's service department first and asked if I could send the item in question in for service/repair.

I found this approach more polite and therefore better than a whole lot of forum fuming.

As to who purchase an ATX on not and for what reason, is their concern and of little interest to me.

:cheers:

How bout you axin' the good people to FIX the cable issue??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login