Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10 favorite guitarists

therover

Gonna take Greg's advice and start off a new topic. I love talking music.

List your 10 FAVORITE guitarists. I agree with Greg...10 best is too hard and too subjective. 10 favorite gives everyone a chance to see others taste in music.

Here are mine (not in any order !).

Jimmy Page
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Slash
Roy Buchanan
Jeff Beck
Derek Trucks
Mark Knopfler
Les Paul
Angus Young
Ted Nugent

Micheal_R

Staff member
Stevie Ray Vaughn did the guitar work on Crossroads.. Ralph Macchio got the credits!!! :) And yes.. what a great talent Stevie is

I have always like Carlos Santana...

And classical guitars always made me appreciate the technical ability;

Andres Segovia
Julian Bream..

GateKeeper

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie Van Halen
Randy Rhodes Ozzy
Neal Schon Journey
Eric Clapton
Jimmy Page Zepplin
Slash
Mark Tremonti Creed / Alter Bridge
Tom Scholz Boston
Mick Mars Motley Crue
Alex Lifeson Rush

therover

Eddie Van Halen
Randy Rhodes Ozzy
Neal Schon Journey
Eric Clapton
Jimmy Page Zepplin
Slash
Mark Tremonti Creed / Alter Bridge
Tom Scholz Boston
Mick Mars Motley Crue
Alex Lifeson Rush
Love that list. Eddie is a maestro and Tremonti is awesome. Alter Bridge is one of my son's favorite bands. He turned me onto them and we have seen them several times in concert. What is funny is, I saw VH the first time they played in Philly at the Spectrum back in 78. Fast foward 30+ years and the first concert I took my son to was....VH in Philly !

Steve O

Therover, I'm from Phily but don't live there anymore. Are you living in or around/near Phily? Been to the Spectrum many times since it was opened. Vet Stadium too....both long gone. Use to go to Connie Mac Stadium. .. saw Willie Mays hit one out of the park there. .. . .As a kid I wondered if the ball broke a windshield. lol Phils lost to the Giants that day.

Dancer

Bo Diddley had a sound all of his own. He used to say "I don't sound like no one" Check out Bo Diddley along with Ron Woods of the stones Playing "Cracking up" It's pretty awesome.

therover

Therover, I'm from Phily but don't live there anymore. Are you living in or around/near Phily? Been to the Spectrum many times since it was opened. Vet Stadium too....both long gone. Use to go to Connie Mac Stadium. .. saw Willie Mays hit one out of the park there. .. . .As a kid I wondered if the ball broke a windshield. lol Phils lost to the Giants that day.
Steve O...born and raised in Trenton, NJ. Don't live there any longer but close by. Went to school at Drexel. From the early 70's (loved the Spectrum) up until today I go see concerts there as well as eating out, walking the streets, etc. Had GNR tickets for the July concert at Citizens Bank but they postponed it. Still a great town even after all the garbage that is happening now. Can't let a few weeks of nonsense take away 40 years of fun for me. JFK stadium was a great place too. Still remember going to the Skynyrd/Frampton concert in the late 70's there.

I remember Connie Mac stadium. My dad took me there. I also remember the first time at the Vet for a Phillies game...could smell the astroturf ! Was a funny sight seeing that for the first time instead of green grass !

Greg(E.Tn)

Here's a good interview regarding Joe Bonamass--when he was a 13 year old kid growing up, his mom's guidance, and his dad's support, SACRIFICE, and discipline:

I like the shot where he's eating something and his dog is watching the food go into his mouth. :biggrin:

Confetrit

Gonna take Greg's advice and start off a new topic. I love talking music.

List your 10 FAVORITE guitarists. I agree with Greg...10 best is too hard and too subjective. 10 favorite gives everyone a chance to see others taste in music.

Here are mine (not in any order !).

Jimmy Page
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Slash
Roy Buchanan
Jeff Beck
Derek Trucks
Mark Knopfler
Les Paul
Angus Young
Ted Nugent
where in the world is Eric (slow hand) Clapton?