Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st outing with the 5X10 HF coil and the 70.

ejudasf

Hello everyone.

I bought a used coil, and was a bit surprised when it arrived. It was used. Not badly, but it wasn't very shiny.

I like it!

I took the Xterra 70 to the same location that I had found the Mercury dime at, in hopes of finding more silver coins. Being that I didn't want to dig to much trash, I used pattern 2 and added a few notches to it. For nickels, I only accept 10-12 and high tones from 32-up. Really cherry picking.

I came out with 14 more coins. No silver, but 14 more coins that I missed the last few times out there.

Pin pointing is easy with this coil. Sweep speed is okay also, as I tried fast swing speeds and very slow swing speeds. I did get a few locks of 12's that ended up as pieces of can. I knew they weren't nickles because of the size when going into the prospecting mode, but since they sounded good, I was hoping to be wrong.

Deepest coin was about 5 inches, and I think it was nickel. I found 4 nickels which is pretty good since I had already 'hunted' this spot.

I am keeping the coil on there for a bit longer while I detect other locations that have prodused good finds for me. Maybe I'll try it at the beach, but I don't know yet.

Laterz

ed

G'day Ed
I assume that you are talking about the 10x5 DD coil. It should do very nicely at the beach, especially for jewellery. You've got to love that elliptical shape. It can really get into those tighter spots better and help with target separation. Bought an Ace250 a couple of months ago, and that's one of it's features that I really enjoy.
Sounds like your doing all right with it, but if I can make a suggestion, if you don't mind. When you go back to that spot that you've been hunting, try hunting in the all metal mode. It may be a lot noisier, but you may find coins that may be hidden by a bit of metal that you have notched out. Also hunt the same spot far different angles, as this may also show up coins that would also be otherwise hidden by metal objects that may be next to it on one or more sides.
As far as the second hand market is concerned, it sounds like a great way to get an X-Terra70; as I only have the 30 at the moment.
Keep hunting, and hopefully that silver coin will show up under your coil soon enough.
Mick Evans.