Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A question about the Fisher Impulse:

A

Anonymous

Why is the Fisher Impulse the only Non-Motion Pulse unit on the market? This is the major reason why I bought mine. Pinpointing with the Impulse is exceptionally easy since no motion is required. I used my Impulse in my first competition club hunt so I wouldn't get any crosstalk from the other VLF machines present. Must have worked because I won first place!
The Impulse is also good for privy and dump digging to scan the dirt before dumping the dirt back into the hole to check for any small metal items the sifter may have missed. With it's fast target response, I don't miss much. The Impulse is also good for relic hunting. After beating a site to death with my other VLF units, I'll go over the entire area again with the Impulse (after detuning it a bit to eliminate digging all the small iron bits) and dig all targets where the sound is faint yet repeatable. This usually gets me iron targets that are fist sized or larger like horseshoes, tools, cast iron toys, etc. METLDETECT

Dave,
"Non-Motion Pulse" as in no motion to pin point. This is because the Impulse doesn

Hi Dave,
Perhaps you did not get any crosstalk from the VLF's but what about......sssh, getting off subject.
The Aquapulse which is sold in the US is a non-motion detector as are some of the models in the JW Fisher range. The Garrett XL500 SeaHunter was non-motion too but I'm not sure about the new model. Non-motion is usually used for full diving detectors (which the Impulse is) as continually scanning while underwater gets a bit tiring for the wrist and arm muscles. As Bill says, the disadvantage is that the detector often needs frequent adjustment to the threshold as the conductive mineralisation changes.
Eric.