Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ace 250 Off To A Bad Start

smithobx

I just got home from the office and opened the ace. The first thing I noticed was a half inch elipse, all black in the center of the screen. After assembly, I took the ace outside to an area I use for test purposes. I turned the ace on and passed it over a nickle burried 4 inches deep. The ace hit the nickle hard and I glanced at the display. That elipse was still blocking 25% of the display and it did not go away as I thought it would when I turned it on. In the bright sunlight, I could see a crack down the center of the black area. So, broken out of the box. Tomorrow I will call the dealer, determain whether to ship to dealer or Garrett, drive across town , ship ups, insure , and return. So much for that good internet price. At least I have my cxIII and I am reserving judgment, this is just not off to a good start. IT WILL ALL WORK OUT----IF WE JUST KEEP SMILING John

That happens to the best of us. If you could see how UPS or the Post Office handles packages it would be easy to understand why they arrive like that.

Bill

I used to work at UPS maybe 25 years ago as a driver for a few months and what I found was that it wasn't the drivers that damaged the packages but the loaders at the wherehouse that would literally toss boxes onto the conveyer belt that was next to all the parked UPS trucks waiting for loading onto the truck--most all of this done before the drivers were even there. I would end up delivering a box or two that was damaged and sometimes wasn't even aware of it. I hoped things had improved. Fortunately my 1350 arrived OK.

It ain't improved but gotten much worse. Know this guy whose son works for them and they have to load something like 1800 packages per hour off or onto the conveyers, so everything gets thrown.

Bill