Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another great day of fall detecting!

ToneTime

[attachment 320945 1444839462149-1381009893.jpg]
After the day I just had 2 days ago detecting I figured that things would slow down again and then today happens. Wow I found 3 more Indian heads and 3 older wheat pennies. The best part of it all was that 5 of the coins came out of the same hole at the base of an old dead elm tree. The other Indian Head was near by about 2 ft out from the tree. It's clearly and 1889 and I found it first about 4" depth. Once I found it I started searching around the tree and when I brushed my 7" coil against the base of the tree I got a signal. I started to dig right against the base and found two coins sticking together about 5" down. I thought this was awesome then I put my pinpointed back in the hole and got pretty excited to here it go off again. Another coin came out and this happened two more times. What a hunt in the woods. I was using my favorite Tesoro again the Outlaw. I had it running just at the foil mark and sensitivity slightly in the red. I have been blessed these last few days with being able to get out detecting and with some great finds. I will get the coins cleaned up and post here later. I'm still astonished with 6 Indians in the last few days, I found only 10 up until this point with years of detecting.

You will have a whole tribe of them Indians before you're done for the year.....congratz!

Is the ground hard in your area ? i've been searching in the woods because the ground is to hard to cut a plug . Way to go. Hope theres more to find in that area .

hatpin said:
Is the ground hard in your area ? i've been searching in the woods because the ground is to hard to cut a plug . Way to go. Hope theres more to find in that area .
No, I don't have that problem, the ground is for the most part pretty soft with any amount of rain at all. I just gravitate towards the woods because I like it there and I am fortunate to live near where there were a lot of past activity in the wooded areas surrounding the rivers, and railroads generally followed the rivers too.

Congrats on the Indians and wheats, still looking for my first IH.

That s cool

[attachment 320971 1444868787935-985867063.jpg]
These will need to soak awhile in olive oil! 1889, 1900, 1902, 1913, 1918, 1919