Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

any relic hunters use the explorer?

A

Anonymous

Just got my explorer, like it so far but wanted to know if any guys have masterd this thing for relic hunting and if you have any programs you could share with us in Virginia. Thanks in advance
Jerry

I was hunting in cotton fields with the manual sen.at 28 manual ,iron mask on at -8, this s a pretty good setting and I would dig everything (Repeatable) on the rite half side screen top to bottom..only thing about cotton fields is the cotton puts little Red marks all over your explorer. Think eventually mine will be all red with tons of duck tape.......Boy was it hot... pray for rain and cooler weather...
HAPPY TRAILS
Jim Pugh

Jerry, dont know how it is all over virginia, but in the red clay with the negative hot rocks, I found the explorer would run much smoother in auto sensitivity without a lot of depth loss..up here with the iron mineralized rocks auto kills depth..if you can keep a fairly constant or stable threshold I would use manual and iron mask setting like Jim Pugh replied...Jim

Jerry, here are my meager finds from VA. I agree with Jim, the Explorer seemed to run much smoother in the auto mode in the highly mineralized soil. If I remember correctly, I was using iron mask set at