Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bags and more bags

Alan Applegate

Over the years, I've seen about every kind pouch, carrying case, goodie bag, and tool carrier made. One detectorist I know, places all of his tools on specially adapted knee pads. I've seen a lot of folks using matching logo gear from about every detector maker out there. I've been down that road too, but seemingly, all of them have some sort of drawback. Sometime back, I saw an ad for an electrician's tote, I thought might make a good carry bag, so I bought one. At a list of $50, and a street price of $35, it wasn't cheap, but it has worked out well.

The photo shows an Ideal 35-462 electrician's tote. The inside has three sections (I put finds in one, my water in one, and the third holds my hand spade), and the outside has seven pockets. Two of those are a perfect fit for a Garrett Pinpointer. In the others are a knife, CS mace (yes of course!), LED flashlight, and magnet. There is even a handle which makes carrying easier when necessary.

It comes with a belt, but I have a leather one I had made which is much sturdier. Note the shoulder strap. There are two D rings normally used to attach it. However, I wear the tote on my left side, with the shoulder strap clipped in the rear D ring, and then up over my right shoulder. On the end is clipped an adjustable bungie cord which runs down to the detector which supports most of its weight.

I've been using it now for about 3 months, and I'm delighted with its utility. Perhaps others will find it as handy as I have.

Alan Applegate

From the local farm store. I know Lowes carries Ideal, as does Home Depot, but I haven't specifically seen the bag at either one. There is always the internet!

Alan Applegate

I looked at several types at hardware stores with the
idea of using them for :detecting:
I settled on a fishing vest instead.. lots of pockets
d rings to hang stuff and lite weight ..

plus i can carry lunch and water in the back

THINK SPRING

Ron
RLTW

I usually don't carry a bag for detector stuff.. All I carry is a probe and a rag which I
stick in my back pocket. :/
But I use a small version of those as a camera bag, and I got mine dirt cheap at
one of the local electronics parts stores.
But it makes a perfect camera bag for my little Sony camera as the inside is
all padded and soft. I keep the Sony video/usb cord in one pocket, and I can keep
spare batteries and memory cards in the front pockets.
I actually never use the USB cord as I use a reader, but I keep in the case if I
ever need to connect it to a TV, or whatever..
The one I have has the same type of top handle, and also the strap that
ties the front flap down. Also has a belt loop and extra eye hooks on the sides
for a long strap.
It's a "Samsonite" brand case.. Might be the same bunch that makes the suitcases..
Probably imported from China though..