Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Batteries and etc.

smithobx

I had a similar problem with the batteries (only last about 3 hours) when I got my minelab about 3 months ago. After charging them about 5 times for a minimum of 14-16 hours each time they started working fine. Apparently it takes serveral charging cycles to bring them to full capacity. As for depth, all I can say is after using 6 different brands of detectors, mostly top line models, over 20 years, the exII is by far the best in every respect I have ever owned. Just sorry I did not buy one sooner. It does take some effort to learn the minelab, but thanks to the posts on this and other forums, help from Mike, Cody and many others, I now have more confidence in the exII than any other detector I have owned in the past. ----John

Well then I will keep trying with the batteries. But I want to test them to see if any are bad.

It is very very dry here. No rain in a month. This might be effecting the depth.

I also seem to be losing my threshold for some reason when there are many targets around. Sometimes I hunt for 10 minutes without hearing that hum. You don't supose it could also be caused by the dry soil.

I did turn on deep today and got a few deeper targets. They were all alum screw caps though , no deep coins.

Tomorrow should be better I hope. I will raise the sensitivity and turn deep on to see what happens.

Hey if I leave it on auto but turn it up to 20 does it hunt with sensitivity of 20?

Joe.

With it set to 20 in auto that is the maxium that it will try to goto. Even if the ground you are searching can use a higher setting.

The way that it works in auto: The sen. will change with the ground condition. if the set is 20 then the max it will go is 20. if you have it set at 30, then the max it will go is 30. It is like someone constently changing the sen. up and down to the ground condition. It will only go as high as the number input.

Hope this helps, or answers your question.
Joe DeMarco

The idea is to get as high as you can while keeping a stable unit...Perusing the posts seems like the manual sens. in low twenties gets many deepies..Sem-auto does overcompensate at times and causes you depth. Of course it all varies with the hunter and above all your ground conditions...After a while you will just about know where your sens. should be unless you travel a lot...

Cachgenut, A common mistake many new users make is to run the sesitivity too high. I did the same thing at first. High sensitivity does not always equal more depth, especially in highly mineralized ground. I suggest you go to the classroom forum and read Cody"s post on sensitivity, it is very informative. John