Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BILL, ARE YOU????

smithobx

Bill are you the person whose articles I have read over the years in various detecting and treasure publications? If you are, I have enjoyed your articles and was woundering if you have a collection of them in current publication? If you are not, you still do a heck of a job modedrating this forum. John-------Well, I guess I should have read the old posts before I asked this question, you are in fact the same and I have spent hours enjoying your articles over the years. I always considered you one of the most objective writers in the field, no hype, just the facts.

Yeah that's me. I've taken a little hiatus from writing ( except for a field test here and there ) but thinking about getting back to it. I've got about 600 or so articles under my belt, maybe I'll start up again and go for a thousand. HAA. I don't have a collection of them except in the magazines they appeared in. Lost Treasure has a slew of them that I wrote for all their publications and they run some of my stories often on their site. Glad you liked my stuff. Nice to run into someone who actually read my scribblings. HAA.

I've thought about doing a book for years but so far haven't gotten past the thinking stage. My old buddy Ken Weinman came out with a book awhile back. Guess it's doing okay. Take care.

Bill

Thanks for the compliment Smithbox. Gotta admit, there sure is a lot of pleasant things to write about this hobby.:)

Bill, Looks like you need to put together a collection of articles if you still have the rights to them. I also want a signed copy!!! John

Chances are you can find a 'traditional' publisher VERY easily Bill.

This is another way to go about it though (no connection to me) and also control the process more e.g. a run of just two copies is okay by them and you'll get a higher royalty on those too! LOL

Print on demand link

Ian @ the land of rings and waiting for a book :)