Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Black National Anthem??.........

Kraemer

Am I the only one that thinks that the NFL’s decision to play the Black National Anthem before NFL Games is Racist?? This Reverse Racism has been going on for my entire life. It’s just not fair to exclude all other races for the satisfaction of just one race. Try to have a White anything, anytime and just see the repercussions that would cause. Equality will never be accomplished by elevating anyone’s race over another’s and this is exactly what the Black National Anthem does.

bulletman

It shows where the true dividers are. So much disrespect for our nations flag and anthem and the sacrifices that were laid down upon the Altar of Freedom. I keep watching and listening to these idiots corrupt ideologies, and a little flicker of a flame of hatred is growing within me for these leftists dingbats.

Digger

Staff member
I don't understand how it can be a "National Anthem", regardless of "color", when we already have one. Call it something else and sing it in the damn shower.

tvr

There is only one United States of America National Anthem: The Star-Spangled Banner. To suggest there is an alternate one is delusional. I have not watched a NFL game since the Baltimore Ravens and Jacksonville Jaguars played in London and disgraced our country. I was disgusted when many took a knee for the American National Anthem; and then when they all stood for The British National Anthem, I turned the game off and have not gone back. Roger Goodell is proving he has no interest in our great country. His interests are in placating a group of whiny millionaires so as to preserve his contract.

hawgdawg

I basically quit watching football years ago ,, would watch part of a game occasionally when visiting friends once in a while. But since this disrespect started happening,, I won't even watch it then. And now " Noosecar " ,, is dead to me from now on.
If anyone here can post,, or knows of a list of companies,, or businesses that have caved to these anti American traitors ,,, please list them so that I can send them my heartfelt messages,, and will also aid in my own little protest of their company and products.
Thank You.

Steve O

We can't let them divide us. .. obvious they are trying to do so. We are a mixed country for reasons. We are a melting pot of many ingredients. .. .you separate the ingredients and the beautiful American Pie will be gone. The troublemakers are breaking laws. .. . . treat them like the criminals they are. .. .what the hell is so hard about that?

midalake

TROLL
Black National Anthem before NFL Games is Racist??
that were laid down upon the Altar of Freedom.
I don't understand how it can be a "National Anthem"
To suggest there is an alternate one is delusional.
I basically quit watching football years ago
Well, Nike comes quickly to mind.
We are a mixed country for reasons. We are a melting pot of many ingredients.
"Lift Every Voice and Sing" is in at least 39 different Christian hym books and is sung in churches across North America. It was written as a poem in 1909, then set to music. The NAACP it "the Negro national hymn" back in 1919.

Hard to believe that a religious song would get some of you so upset.

silverseeker 2

"Lift Every Voice and Sing" is in at least 39 different Christian hym books and is sung in churches across North America. It was written as a poem in 1909, then set to music. The NAACP it "the Negro national hymn" back in 1919.

Hard to believe that a religious song would get some of you so upset.
@midachump, Hope I NEVER meet you in person as you need to be SILENCED. with your
TROLLING RHETORIC. I know a FEW VETS that would like to hear the CRAP YOU SPEW!!!
YOU WOULDN'T LAST LONG...

Digger

Staff member
midalake said: "Lift Every Voice and Sing" is in at least 39 different Christian hym books and is sung in churches across North America. It was written as a poem in 1909, then set to music. The NAACP it "the Negro national hymn" back in 1919.
Hard to believe that a religious song would get some of you so upset. :
Religious songs certainly do not upset me. I enjoy many of them and find comfort in singing praise to our Lord. However, you are confusing a religious hymn with our National Anthem, two entirely different works of art. And, once again, you are misrepresenting what many of us had to say about the hymn.

A hymn is a song of praise or thanksgiving to God or a deity . The song "Lift Every Voice and Sing" was written by James Weldon Johnson, an American writer and civil rights activist who was the first black to pass the Florida Bar, was leader of the NAACP and who also wrote the poem "The Creation", one of my favorites. "Lift Every Voice and Sing" was adopted by the NAACP in 1919, while James Weldon Johnson was working there.

A National Anthem is a patriotic musical composition that evokes and eulogizes the history, traditions, and struggles of its people, recognized either by a nation's government as the official national song, or by convention through use by the people. “The Star-Spangled Banner” is the Official National Anthem of the United States. The anthem’s history began the morning of September 14, 1814, when an attorney and amateur poet named Francis Scott Key watched U.S. soldiers—who were under bombardment from British naval forces during the War of 1812—raise a large American flag over Fort McHenry in Baltimore, Maryland. Washington Irving, then editor of the Analectic Magazine in Philadelphia, reprinted the song in November 1814. In 1899, the U.S. Navy officially adopted "The Star-Spangled Banner". In 1916, President Woodrow Wilson ordered that "The Star-Spangled Banner" be played at military and other appropriate occasions. Seeking a singular, standard version, President Woodrow Wilson tasked the U.S. Bureau of Education with providing that official version. In response, the Bureau enlisted the help of five musicians to agree upon an arrangement. The standardized version that was voted upon by these five musicians premiered at Carnegie Hall on December 5, 1917. By the time the song officially became the Country’s Anthem in 1931, it had been one of America’s most popular patriotic tunes for more than a century.

Confetrit

Am I the only one that thinks that the NFL’s decision to play the Black National Anthem before NFL Games is Racist?? This Reverse Racism has been going on for my entire life. It’s just not fair to exclude all other races for the satisfaction of just one race. Try to have a White anything, anytime and just see the repercussions that would cause. Equality will never be accomplished by elevating anyone’s race over another’s and this is exactly what the Black National Anthem does.
This only shows without a doubt that there is Only One Way Racism in our country. Ridiculous and Shameful.

Confetrit

It shows where the true dividers are. So much disrespect for our nations flag and anthem and the sacrifices that were laid down upon the Altar of Freedom. I keep watching and listening to these idiots corrupt ideologies, and a little flicker of a flame of hatred is growing within me for these leftists dingbats.
This is why I personally gave up the NFL when all the kneeling foolishness first began and the commissioner backed the kneelers. I have not and will not personally watch or support Anything remotely closely associated with this Anti American League.They represent to me a bunch of Disrespectful, Un American, Punk Millionaires. Not all, but a great many of them.

tvr

I misrepresent NOTHING.
You are. You, Roger Goodell a number of the main stream media (aka fake news) are presenting this hymn as a National Anthem and it is not. I love hymns, but I do not call them National Anthems when they are not. You can even use Wikipedia to search for "US national anthem" and see what it says ... hint "The Star-Spangled Banner".

Those who choose to kneel when it is played and a flag is flying rather than show respect for our great melting pot of a country are the ones who are politicizing it.

Digger

Staff member
midalake said: I misrepresent NOTHING. It's you AND YOUR ILK making it "political"
These days, everything having to do with anything is political. You and your liberal allies have made that quite clear for the past 32 months. You made no mention that I stated we already have a National Anthem. I later described how the "Star Spangled Banner" became our Nation's OFFICIAL National Anthem. I will also point out that our National Flag is the Stars and Stripes. Our National Bird is the Bald Eagle. Our National Flower is the Rose. Our National Tree is an Oak. Our National Emblem is the Great Seal of the USA. Our National Motto is In God We Trust. Our National Monument is the Statue of Liberty. Honestly, I don't see how this can be so hard for you to understand. You can't replace the Bald Eagle with a house wren. You can't replace the Oak Tree with a Piss Elm. And you can't replace In God We Trust with "Never let a good crisis go to waste." When a Nation has a National symbol for anything, you can't simply add another one because you have a political agenda.

carver

These days, everything having to do with anything is political. You and your liberal allies have made that quite clear for the past 32 months. You made no mention that I stated we already have a National Anthem. I later described how the "Star Spangled Banner" became our Nation's OFFICIAL National Anthem. I will also point out that our National Flag is the Stars and Stripes. Our National Bird is the Bald Eagle. Our National Flower is the Rose. Our National Tree is an Oak. Our National Emblem is the Great Seal of the USA. Our National Motto is In God We Trust. Our National Monument is the Statue of Liberty. Honestly, I don't see how this can be so hard for you to understand. You can't replace the Bald Eagle with a house wren. You can't replace the Oak Tree with a Piss Elm. And you can't replace In God We Trust with "Never let a good crisis go to waste." When a Nation has a National symbol for anything, you can't simply add another one because you have a political agenda.
Right on Digger