Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compadre 7" to be or not to be?

ToneTime

Well, I got another compadre on the way, this one with the 7" concentric in nice shape. I really wanted it to try out that 7" concentric coil. I am trying to decide whether or not to wire in an 8" donut so I can have the 7" coil for use on my silver and outlaw or just leave it on the compadre. I have all the tools to do a good job with this just wondering where I would be best with the 7" coil. I have the 7" Widescan now and really like the size and solidness of that coil. Anyone have experience with the 7" concentric on either the silver umax or outlaw, also any 8" compadre users out there? I have a compadre with the 5.75 and like it.

Leave it be, it's the best coil combo for the Compadre. Let it do it's job.
You have the other machines to fill in what the Compadre can't do.

Thanks Sven,
You are probably right I should just get out there and use the 7" compadre. I know what will happen though, after using it I'll wish I had that coil for my other machines. It just seems like a good coil size for most of the places I hunt. But to be honest with you the compadre can probably hold its own at most of these places anyway.

100% agree with Sven on this one. I've got a Compadre with a 9x8 wired in and, if the area I'm hunting gets at all trashy, it is not much fun anymore. Having hunted with the 5.75 inch coil too, I figure the 7 inch would be the ideal coil for the Compadre. I have picked up a Troy 7 inch coil, just have not wired the Compadre for it yet.

I use 7" concentric coils a fair bit on all my machines and have been satisfied with it.
BB

The 7'' is a great coil. Run it. put it to the tests and then later if your not happy. Do like me. LOL slap on a clean sweep or a 9x8. :detecting: