Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compadre with 8" Coil or Silver uMax

Miser67

For park hunting, would anyone here a preference?

Assume you are looking for surface clad and rings.

Both work well in parks. Nice to have the sensitivity setting of the Silver, and the option to run a different coil. Compadre is a great unit for the price, but I'd prefer the Silver.

Like pinenut already said if you can afford it go ahead and get the silver. Also had the all metal toggle to help if you need it and also you can adjust your sensitivity too.

I have both and if I had it to do over again, I would just get the Compadre. You can choose either a/m mode or iron reject with the Silver, but the Compadre allows a fine line between those two settings. I found a gold chain with my Compadre. I could RUB it on the coils of my Silver-both 5.75" and 8"- and NOT get a signal. I was still able to avoid paper clips and small iron! BOTH do well coin hunting, however.

That's something I forgot about Compadre; it has the full "ED180" range, whereas the Silver doesn't. So, if you're after small gold bits, the Compadre will see 'em. So will other Tesoros with the ED180 range, but the Silver isn't one of 'em. I think Silver microMAX is an "ED120". Running it in all-metal, still isn't a true all-metal.

I have had both. I liked the Compadre better. The Silver is nice though, it has a sweeter tone. People talk about finding fine gold all the time, but that is pretty much a dig everything proposition. I usually dont have the patience for it. I think most people would be happy with either. Both awesome. The Silver gives you the option for different coils so thats a good selling point.

I would have to vote for the compadre as well.
Out of all my tesoros I get along with that disc circuit the best.
A close second would be my cutlass (not cutlass2) umax.
It's like a compadre but with a sensitivity circuit. Also has a click down to all metal motion disc which is like disc mode bit bypasses all the disc circuitry (similar to compadre in all metal range of the disc knob) and has the higher Bandido II audio freq.

But as far as modern, out of the two you gave, I'd take the compadre, but that's my opinion. I like it so much I got both models.

Happy hunting and let us know which you choose!!
Either will serve you well :)

I LIKE THE IDEA OF BEING ABLE TO CHANGE COILS IF I NEED TO, THAT BEING SAID ID GO WITH THE SILVER. THE COMPADRE IS NICE ALSO.

I have had/owned both and if I were only going to own 1 detector and it was between these two my choice would be the Silver......BUT since I own other machines like the Bandido 2 micromax......I would go with the Compadre with the 8" coil just for its weird ability to find gold jewelry and other tiny treasures.