Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-20 Problem

A

Anonymous

I just purchased a used CZ-20 and it was working fine until today. Now when I turn the unit on with the Sensitivity on 10 and ground balance on 10 Ikeep getting a bell tone! I try using the pinpoint button to ground balance and after a while there is no sound and it will not register targets. Could there be a problem with the pinpoint button?? I cant ground balance using the bobbing method! It continues to register a constant bell tone? Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated as I have changed the batteries and am a little frustrated with wasting a good detecting day! Thanks for your help!!
H.H.

First of all would turn down the sens. to 4 and ground blance knob to 5 for starters. Clean the battery contacts and try another coil..Had a similiar problem where I couldn't ground balance and after a sens. of 4 really became noisy..It was a land CZ and I thought it was the button also. Had to send to fisher where a electrical component went and unit had to be retuned..Lets hope this is not your problem but if the above don't work call Fisher and send it in for the tech's..Fishers really hold up well but one bad solder joint can cause all kinds of problems.

Don't water hunt anymore and my mistake..Having used a bunch of units if I ever have a problem its the first thing I think of with land units. With anything with electrical components one dollar component can make a unit useless..

Thanks dan. I sent their servicr dept. an e-mail and am waiting for a reply. Their cusrtomer service dept. could take some pointers from Minelab!1 I hope that thier service is good and fast!
Appreciate your response!
HH