Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Depth vs Ferrometer

Ronstar

I have been noticing that sometimes on deeper hits I will get sound and the depth meter is maxed out but no ferro-check. This seems to mainly apply to VDI that register in at 58-60.
I dug a couple repeatable signals down to near a foot deep and the Garrett kept telling me I was close. Ok, so large iron I’m guessing. If its going to sound off and be repeatable then why no ferro check? Seems if strong enough signal to get a reading then ferro should be functioning too? I hate walking away from large silver but going to get myself banned if I keep digging to China!
Seems to only be happening when running in 4khz but I have not tried it in the other freqs.
Thoughts? Also, anyone actually dig s 60 target yet?

Elmy

I have been noticing that sometimes on deeper hits I will get sound and the depth meter is maxed out but no ferro-check. This seems to mainly apply to VDI that register in at 58-60.
I dug a couple repeatable signals down to near a foot deep and the Garrett kept telling me I was close. Ok, so large iron I’m guessing. If its going to sound off and be repeatable then why no ferro check? Seems if strong enough signal to get a reading then ferro should be functioning too? I hate walking away from large silver but going to get myself banned if I keep digging to China!
Seems to only be happening when running in 4khz but I have not tried it in the other freqs.
Thoughts? Also, anyone actually dig s 60 target yet?
The way I understand it the ferro-check, unlike the magic program, is for shallower trash.....thus improving trash vrs treasure digs. The magic works deep but to properly id a target, ferro-check needs a stronger, reliable signal........I am sure others will share their thoughts on 60's digs for you.
If you want more about magic system and deep coins pm me.

tometusns

Ronstar, the sixty number or the vdi scale maxed out is a tell for iron. It’s usually associated with a different sound. I call it raspy, scratchy, sharp you get the idea but the 60 number showing up is not a good sign and actually most machines will give you the same indicator when the vdi scale maxes out. It’s called the wrap around effect. The Legend is getting you some good finds! Good luck and HH! Tom

Ronstar

The F75 does the same thing but the tones are sharp and clear and usually 97-99. I figured 60 was the same type of thing but until I dig a couple to cement that in to the head……..