Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Depths

Ronstar

Just a heads up….. when I hit the four Barber spill the other day I was still getting a slight hit on something down the rabbit hole by both the detector and the handheld. Tried to locate but it simply disappeared and even jkline went after it later with the 3030, zilch.

Today I was back up there and thought well maybe try it again. Running in Park M1 and Sens at 30 so scanned the plug and about 12” around it, nothing. Moved to M2, nada. Went to 4khz (which is what was on when I found them) and still nothing. Went on up the freqs and zero. Ok, think.

Switched to Field and went up the progression and nothing until I got to 4khz and bingo, very slight but repeatable two way hit. Game on and VDI was 44-45 so maybe another dime! No ferrocheck and depth was showing all five bars, could there be a fifth dime??
Finally located the item. It was an older style zipper pull that was 7” deep and straight up and down and a couple inches outside the original plug.
If you get an iffy signal and it disappears try switching from Park to Field and go through the line up. If that would have been another Barber I would have missed it and I may have just one upped a CTX3030!

Elmy

Just a heads up….. when I hit the four Barber spill the other day I was still getting a slight hit on something down the rabbit hole by both the detector and the handheld. Tried to locate but it simply disappeared and even jkline went after it later with the 3030, zilch.

Today I was back up there and thought well maybe try it again. Running in Park M1 and Sens at 30 so scanned the plug and about 12” around it, nothing. Moved to M2, nada. Went to 4khz (which is what was on when I found them) and still nothing. Went on up the freqs and zero. Ok, think.

Switched to Field and went up the progression and nothing until I got to 4khz and bingo, very slight but repeatable two way hit. Game on and VDI was 44-45 so maybe another dime! No ferrocheck and depth was showing all five bars, could there be a fifth dime??
Finally located the item. It was an older style zipper pull that was 7” deep and straight up and down and a couple inches outside the original plug.
If you get an iffy signal and it disappears try switching from Park to Field and go through the line up. If that would have been another Barber I would have missed it and I may have just one upped a CTX3030!
Easy Ron, the ctx 3030 may have not been looking for zipper pulls and may have had it disc'd out...also an 8 inch coin spill is not the greatest depth ever found on a coin spill.

Ronstar

Point I was trying to make is it took me a couple of tries to get the old brass zipper pull. This is still a new machine for me and I wax trying to share a little lesson learned on the Legend forum. I know when Jeff went back up there he threw everything he knew to do at that hole and 3030 drew a blank. Not saying its a bad machine but for whatever reason the Legend fid connect and the 3030 did not.

Grunter

Well I'm at MB and running in beach mode and not seeing a lot of depth to write home about. Also when I use the pin pointer I'm getting a strong report but nothing there. Still learning the machine so I might not be maximizing its potential.

JimmyCT

There's no EMI on your planet?
I run a different detector and some sites I can run sensitivity wide open without the slightest hint of EMI.

Ronstar

The only EMI we usually run into is close around some of the large buildings which house a lot of computers or large electronics. Sometimes around high tension power lines etc. The EMI Hell Zone as we call it is some type of twilight zone as its in the middle of a very large park like setting.