Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Difference in discrimination circuits

liondogs

I was looking at the Tesoro catalog on-line and I noticed that some units use a ED120 discrimination circuit in the detector and some have a ED180 discrimination circuit. I was wondering if anyone knows what the difference between the two methods of discrimination are?.

SpiritRelic is correct.
And here is a little more on it, I think I have this right. The lower end of the ED120 only goes down into Iron a little. Whereas the ED180 extends the ability to accept down into the Iron range more. That would mean the ED180 discrimination would be better for relic hunting. If I'm off on this someone will correct me.

Yep, a ED 120 will just crackle and pop on a ole rusty nail and will not completely discriminate it out at its minimum discrimination setting. A ED 180 will sound off on all metal targets at its minimum discrimination setting. The ED 180 is good for relic hunters looking for nails to locate long gone old home sites. I guess hunting in the all metal mode would accomplish the same thing though. I also hear it's good for detecting in really bad minimized sand and gravel. I wouldn't know, because I detect in really mild ground. I prefer a ED 120, like the Outlaw has, because the discrimination range is more spread out on the dial. Making it more precise.

tabman