Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Elmy's Magic System using your own pattern on the etrac

Elmy

ELMY'S MAGIC PROGRAM Guide
It is a one button push to verify a good hit, another button push to return to your search pattern.
choose the pattern you want to hunt with. Probably already on your smart find screen.

click menu, under discrimination click combine
scroll down to the pattern you want and click √/x twice
click QuickMask button.....load pattern into QuickMask....yes

Using your search pattern of choice, swing over the target and wiggle the coil to get the tightest
target area possible and still get the target sound. Then while still wiggling the coil over the target,
use your thumb to hit the quick mask button.
If it goes silent, DIG...if it sounds off, walk away.
Hit quick mask button again to return to the search pattern.
Any tick, squeak, chirp or scratchy sound in quick mask is a bad target. It must be silent, if not walk away.

Always rescan your target area, this program will find coins hidden in with nails/trash !
Even when you cover the hole to leave, rescan the dirt hole.

AIR TEST THE PROGRAM ON SOME COINS AND IF IT WORKS AS STATED ABOVE....YOU ARE READY TO GO DETECTING !

Elmy

(UPDATED)
ELMY'S MAGIC PROGRAM Guide ....Uses the same pattern for searching and for QUICKMASK......
It is a one button push to verify a good hit, another button push to return to your search pattern.
choose the pattern you want to hunt with. Probably already on your smart find screen.

scroll down to the pattern you want and click √/x twice

Using your search pattern of choice, swing over the target and wiggle the coil to get the tightest
target area possible and still get the target sound. Then while still wiggling the coil over the target,
Any tick, squeak, chirp or scratchy sound in quick mask is a bad target. It must be silent, if not walk away.

Always rescan your target area, this program will find coins hidden in with nails/trash !
Even when you cover the hole to leave, rescan the dirt hole.

AIR TEST THE PROGRAM ON SOME COINS AND IF IT WORKS AS STATED ABOVE....YOU ARE READY TO GO DETECTING !

MuddyMo

I need a 'how to program your etrac to Elmy's programs for big dummies' book, the cliff notes at that. The etrac is the least intuitive detector that I ever owned and I used a dfx.

jkline

I did my best in field trials to find a flaw in Elmy's program-- and didn't.

The amount of trash I dig dropped by 95%.

Elmy

I need a 'how to program your etrac to Elmy's programs for big dummies' book, the cliff notes at that. The etrac is the least intuitive detector that I ever owned and I used a dfx.
Do you still own that intuitive etrac and if so.....WHY?
The magic loads your favorite etrac program into your search pattern and QuickMask to verify a good or bad target or to walk away.

Last edited:

Elmy

too bad it is not on you tube
Maybe someone will ? It is a beep and dig or walk away program. It has the QuickMask double check to verify a good or bad target and works really good, even with iron/trash in the hole with a coin.

MuddyMo

Intuitive... Why, because as you know it performs. Even in factory presets. I know the problem is that I don't want to read the manual but my buddy who has also owned multiple advanced detectors said the same about it.

Elmy

Intuitive... Why, because as you know it performs. Even in factory presets. I know the problem is that I don't want to read the manual but my buddy who has also owned multiple advanced detectors said the same about it.
This is not your typical factory program as far as quickmask use is concerned.

MuddyMo

Elmy i understand and I would love to try your settings but don't even know how to enter them and other controls. Some day I'll take the time. I appreciate all your work, you should write an ebook on the etrac..

Elmy

Elmy i understand and I would love to try your settings but don't even know how to enter them and other controls. Some day I'll take the time. I appreciate all your work, you should write an ebook on the etrac..
Here is exactly how to do it with your favorite search pattern loaded up to hunt on the etrac.
scroll down to the pattern loaded on your etrac and click √/x button twice

Air test a quarter or dime and see if it works as stated.....if so... H U N T !

Elmy

My experiences are posted on this forum for free....no book needed. Thanks , however , for the kind words.

GazinUK

Well....had 3 attempts and it failed, after setting up tested against 6 hammered silver coins all sounded off, which if I've read it right means walk away. Sooooo did a factory reset, loaded my usual pattern ready for tomorrow's session. What I will do though is flag a few targets towards the end of the session and have another go.

WV62

Copied from Elmy's instructions above to explain what you are looking for.
Here is exactly how to do it with your favorite search pattern loaded up to hunt on the etrac.
scroll down to the pattern loaded on your etrac and click √/x button twice
Using your search pattern of choice,

Now when you do as the instructions what you will be loading into QuickMask is a reverse of you hunt pattern of choice. So what is open in the hunt pattern and when you go to QuickMask that area will be closed.
There is no way it can't work as Elmy says, I have been running this way going on my second year and it works just as he says it does.

Elmy

Well....had 3 attempts and it failed, after setting up tested against 6 hammered silver coins all sounded off, which if I've read it right means walk away. Sooooo did a factory reset, loaded my usual pattern ready for tomorrow's session. What I will do though is flag a few targets towards the end of the session and have another go.
IMPOSSIBLE..... for example ....... a 12-35 accepted on the search pattern will not sound sound off using a quickmask reverse pattern rejecting a 12-35

search pattern vrs QuickMask

Attachments

• search pattern.gif
    search pattern.gif
    153.4 KB · Views: 28
  • quickmask pattern.gif
    quickmask pattern.gif
    141.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Elmy

Search pattern sounds off on a good target ...accepted in a pattern........but......Does not sound off in quickmask.....rejected in quickmask pattern.