Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Elmy's Magic System using your own pattern on the etrac

5900_XL-1

ELMY'S MAGIC PROGRAM Guide
It is a one button push to verify a good hit, another button push to return to your search pattern.
choose the pattern you want to hunt with. Probably already on your smart find screen.

click menu, under discrimination click combine
scroll down to the pattern you want and click √/x twice
click QuickMask button.....load pattern into QuickMask....yes

Using your search pattern of choice, swing over the target and wiggle the coil to get the tightest
target area possible and still get the target sound. Then while still wiggling the coil over the target,
use your thumb to hit the quick mask button.
If it goes silent, DIG...if it sounds off, walk away.
Hit quick mask button again to return to the search pattern.
Any tick, squeak, chirp or scratchy sound in quick mask is a bad target. It must be silent, if not walk away.

Always rescan your target area, this program will find coins hidden in with nails/trash !
Even when you cover the hole to leave, rescan the dirt hole.

AIR TEST THE PROGRAM ON SOME COINS AND IF IT WORKS AS STATED ABOVE....YOU ARE READY TO GO DETECTING !
"click √/x twice"

I'm not finding that button

Elmy

"click √/x twice"

I'm not finding that button
here it is.gif

jkline

Come on guys, this is not rocket science: think a photo and its negative. You have a program that makes a nice noise over whatever it is you are looking for and nulls out items you are not looking for. In quickmask, reverse/invert those numbers, where what you are looking for is screened out and what you don't want to find is screened in.

If you get a sweet silver noise after sweeping one way, then 90 degrees the other way, hit quickmask. If you hear pretty much any high tone, walk away. If the signal is gone, dig. This really solves the problem of iron falsing.

It should work on the ctx-- just haven't gotten around to playing with it.

WV62

Well the magic worked pretty good yesterday, but it was raining off and on and I had to keep a plastic cover over the control box. I had a hunt pattern and the reverse Quick mask set small for all silver coins and along with that comes clad and some pennies. I tested lots of targets but all failed the QM test but six. So by the days end I dug 6 holes and got 2 pennies, 2 clad quarters, one folded piece of copper just a little bigger than a quarter and one trash screw cap. One of those quarters was a little over 6" in the ground and was mask by a 2ft lg piece of metal fence post which made it hard to pin point. I had the quarter marked where I thought it was but I let the big iron pull me down the road about 6" and there laid about half buried was the piece of fence post which we took out. Went back to the 6" to where I thought the quarter was and it was still there and still reading over 6" on the depth scale. It turned out to be a 1967 clad quarter.

No silver but the magic isn't about better targets it is to improve your trash to cash ratio and that is what it does.

Just thought I would pass this info on to those interested. So far I haven't seen any down side to running the magic.

I don't really hunt clad much anymore and I try to find silver. But if anybody is clad hunter and wanted to pick through the trash I would say if you was to run a small coil the magic would be a killer around some ball fields and play grounds. Just a thought.
Ron in WV

Elmy

Well the magic worked pretty good yesterday, but it was raining off and on and I had to keep a plastic cover over the control box. I had a hunt pattern and the reverse Quick mask set small for all silver coins and along with that comes clad and some pennies. I tested lots of targets but all failed the QM test but six. So by the days end I dug 6 holes and got 2 pennies, 2 clad quarters, one folded piece of copper just a little bigger than a quarter and one trash screw cap. One of those quarters was a little over 6" in the ground and was mask by a 2ft lg piece of metal fence post which made it hard to pin point. I had the quarter marked where I thought it was but I let the big iron pull me down the road about 6" and there laid about half buried was the piece of fence post which we took out. Went back to the 6" to where I thought the quarter was and it was still there and still reading over 6" on the depth scale. It turned out to be a 1967 clad quarter.

No silver but the magic isn't about better targets it is to improve your trash to cash ratio and that is what it does.

Just thought I would pass this info on to those interested. So far I haven't seen any down side to running the magic.

I don't really hunt clad much anymore and I try to find silver. But if anybody is clad hunter and wanted to pick through the trash I would say if you was to run a small coil the magic would be a killer around some ball fields and play grounds. Just a thought.
Ron in WV
That is the best thing about the magic.....run your own coins pattern....
Clad hunters....run a few coins over the coil using the learn method and accept the pattern and save it to the patterns slot on the etrac, from which you make the quickmask pattern and you have a clad hunters dream pattern that just can't be beat !
Thanks to Ron in WV !
Same for Gold ring hunters..

Last edited:

still looking 52

I've been hunting with Ron (wv62) now for 8 years and since he's gone to this reverse pattern I've definitely noticed his trash ratio has dropped like a rock, this isn't a theory it's a proven fact, I've seen it with my own two eyes!
When Ron puts a flag down there's a coin coming up about 90% of the time!

Elmy

I've been hunting with Ron (wv62) now for 8 years and since he's gone to this reverse pattern I've definitely noticed his trash ratio has dropped like a rock, this isn't a theory it's a proven fact, I've seen it with my own two eyes!
When Ron puts a flag down there's a coin coming up about 90% of the time!
I'll take a 90% recovery rate.

WV62

If any of you guys try this magic please post some feedback here we need to know if you are having trouble understanding what is going on, or if you got to hunt with it let us know how it done.
The Quick Mask reverse pattern will not mess with the way you hunt it is just quick way to check your target and tell you if it is what you are looking for and another tool to let you know to dig or walk on.
You can run all your settings and your patterns as always, it is just a reverse of your hunt pattern setup in Quick Mask.
Above I posted about my hunt last Saturday and the 6 holes I dug. But when we got to the park to hunt my pattern was set for nickles, IH pennies and silver and it was raining and I was getting a lot noise. So I just stopped hunting and changed to the silver pattern and made and loaded the reverse Quick Mask pattern in about 30 seconds and was back hunting. Just saying that to let you guys know this is not a hard thing to run or load.

Leave that trash for somebody else to dig.

Ron in WV

Elmy

If any of you guys try this magic please post some feedback here we need to know if you are having trouble understanding what is going on, or if you got to hunt with it let us know how it done.
The Quick Mask reverse pattern will not mess with the way you hunt it is just quick way to check your target and tell you if it is what you are looking for and another tool to let you know to dig or walk on.
You can run all your settings and your patterns as always, it is just a reverse of your hunt pattern setup in Quick Mask.
Above I posted about my hunt last Saturday and the 6 holes I dug. But when we got to the park to hunt my pattern was set for nickles, IH pennies and silver and it was raining and I was getting a lot noise. So I just stopped hunting and changed to the silver pattern and made and loaded the reverse Quick Mask pattern in about 30 seconds and was back hunting. Just saying that to let you guys know this is not a hard thing to run or load.

Leave that trash for somebody else to dig.

Ron in WV
Get the cash without the trash. The easy way .

WV62

I will try this month as the weather improves. Here in Bulgaria the coin mask may be different, but the idea is important.
Thanks you have the right Idea and I am sorry your are still in some bad weather. Just asking could load up a reverse magic pattern into Quick mask and do some air testing of your hunt pattern and the Quick mask pattern and let us know if it works at that level.
I am hoping when you get a chance for a in the dirt hunt you will give us a report back here on Elmy's thread.

You take care and we hope to hear back from you on the magic.

Ron in WV / USA

WV62

Intuitive... Why, because as you know it performs. Even in factory presets. I know the problem is that I don't want to read the manual but my buddy who has also owned multiple advanced detectors said the same about it.
I don't think we can help you, you are wanting somebody to stop by your house and do it for you.
Not being ugly but Elmy put out the instructions and I copied them and tried them and they are perfect and it is short and simple. Sorry we can't do it for you.

Ron in WV

MuddyMo

I wasn't asking for help. I just need to take the time to read the manual on it and my new legend. I don't doubt that Elmy's program works well.

WV62

I wasn't asking for help. I just need to take the time to read the manual on it and my new legend. I don't doubt that Elmy's program works well.
What Elmy is teaching is not in the manual so this will be a jump start for you. For sure we all need to fall back on the owners manual for a lot of details. What Elmy is giving all of us is something just from him to us. I have been working with Elmy for several years now and just in the past year I started to put together what all he was saying.
So for now you take your time, but I would suggest you grab what Elmy is giving and lock on to that. This not like a new pattern or new settings for the E-Trac , it is a use what you like and hunt with what you know and works for you, this is just a check for good or bad target. No changes for what you are doing other than adding a check target Quick Mask.
If you get the reverse pattern installed in quick mask it is just click in and click out and you know if you should dig or walk on.
So this is just a added step to check a target to let you know if you should dig it or keep on hunting.

The manual will not help you on this one. You can either like it and take it or leave it for others. I took it and it works.

Thanks for the post back.
Ron in WV

GazinUK

Having realised where I went wrong, I don't think that I'll benefit from this procedure. My disc pattern is nowhere near as full as what you'd use in a trashy park, am now reduced to the beach as everything I have permission on is under crop.

Elmy

Having realised where I went wrong, I don't think that I'll benefit from this procedure. My disc pattern is nowhere near as full as what you'd use in a trashy park, am now reduced to the beach as everything I have permission on is under crop.
yes.... you are probably right....I only pulled 2 rings in my last 2 hunts for 4 hours total.... a 10k the first trip and a 14k the second.... in a park .... that probably isn't good enough for you...patterns don't matter with the magic.....you just don't get it and probably are better off without it.