Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Elmy's Magic System using your own pattern on the etrac

GazinUK

Am too thick skined to be offended by any of that. My initial request was what was this "magic" set up? Having realised where I went wrong in trying to set this up, it came to my attention that as I only discriminate the bottom 2 rows out I'd not benefit. Oh and its not a new idea as I had a detecting partner do something similar with his sovereign, called reverse discrimination.

MuddyMo

WV62, to clear this up, in my original post (that I HIGHLY regret posting) I was trying to say I want to use what Elmy has been teaching because I appreciate and admire his work on the Etrac and would love to try his sugestions- the 1-10 program and dig/no dig quick mask but I can't because I haven't read the manual and find as some others have that the etrac isn't an intuitive (or whatever) of a detector to program AT LEAST TO ME (before that turns into a debate) Thanks for trying to help but I wasn't asking for any and I know what he is explaining.

Elmy

Am too thick skined to be offended by any of that. My initial request was what was this "magic" set up? Having realised where I went wrong in trying to set this up, it came to my attention that as I only discriminate the bottom 2 rows out I'd not benefit. Oh and its not a new idea as I had a detecting partner do something similar with his sovereign, called reverse discrimination.
Yes !
Reverse or inverted discrimination has been out for years.....nothing new is right or was mentioned.... thanks for looking !
Good luck with your detecting !

eman1000

WV62, to clear this up, in my original post (that I HIGHLY regret posting) I was trying to say I want to use what Elmy has been teaching because I appreciate and admire his work on the Etrac and would love to try his sugestions- the 1-10 program and dig/no dig quick mask but I can't because I haven't read the manual and find as some others have that the etrac isn't an intuitive (or whatever) of a detector to program AT LEAST TO ME (before that turns into a debate) Thanks for trying to help but I wasn't asking for any and I know what he is explaining.
Muddy - I found this video to be the easiest way to learn how to make adjustments to the Etrac. If your like me you will probably have to pause it and watch several times but I was able to make custom programs within an hour. I have tested Elmy's program and I will 2nd it does eliminate 95% of trash digging. It's as good as it gets for coin-shooting IMO. However as I pointed out to Elmy you will miss Gold rings with this program because it does such a good job of eliminating foil and honing in on Nickels * It's been my personal experience that I have to dig lots of small foil and pull tabs to find gold rings in my parks. That's just part of the game but if your cherry picking silver and clad coins with the Etrac you can't go wrong with ELMY's program its a must have in your arsenal. Also if your going to put the hours in to learn the Etrac I believe Sabisch's book is a must have.

Elmy

Muddy - I found this video to be the easiest way to learn how to make adjustments to the Etrac. If your like me you will probably have to pause it and watch several times but I was able to make custom programs within an hour. I have tested Elmy's program and I will 2nd it does eliminate 95% of trash digging. It's as good as it gets for coin-shooting IMO. However as I pointed out to Elmy you will miss Gold rings with this program because it does such a good job of eliminating foil and honing in on Nickels * It's been my personal experience that I have to dig lots of small foil and pull tabs to find gold rings in my parks. That's just part of the game but if your cherry picking silver and clad coins with the Etrac you can't go wrong with ELMY's program its a must have in your arsenal. Also if your going to put the hours in to learn the Etrac I believe Sabisch's book is a must have.
eman1000 is right...I did not target gold rings, but instead left the pattern setup for everyone to make to match their own hunting style....I have been lucky , as mentioned , with the 2 rings on my last 2 hunts that tested good with QuickMask using a custom pattern toward rings.
The pattern muddymo wants was the 1-10 magic that I sent to eman1000...... eman , thanks for the good report on coins with it.

5900_XL-1

Will my pattern work with this reversal? I've always used this search pattern. Thanks.

Attachments

• 7D3928EB-120E-4AEC-AF8C-EB6CEC4C8B39.jpeg
    7D3928EB-120E-4AEC-AF8C-EB6CEC4C8B39.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 31

Elmy

Will my pattern work with this reversal? I've always used this search pattern. Thanks.
absolutely !..... Great pattern......My ferrous is set at 26......you will dig coins with nails and trash in the hole with this pattern..also get you gold rings.
It will still get pull tabs and other items that could be rings/coins.....The 1-10 magic is better for just coins.
Here is a reverse pattern of yours and what it should look like in quick mask.
Untitled.gif

Last edited:

5900_XL-1

Search pattern sounds off on a good target ...accepted in a pattern........but......Does not sound off in quickmask.....rejected in quickmask pattern.
I can't for the life of me get that pattern from your instructions. I get a basically white screen

Elmy

I can't for the life of me get that pattern from your instructions. I get a basically white screen
TO SET UP QM FOR THE MAGIC....
Save you hunting pattern to a pattern slot....1-6
click menu, under discrimination click combine
scroll down to the pattern loaded on your etrac and click √/x button twice
click QuickMask button.....load pattern into QuickMask.... click yes
Hit quick mask button again to return to your search pattern.
Hit the detect button again for the large screen.

When you hit a target...hit QM to check the target....hit QM again to return to your search pattern.....hit detect button for large numbers.

Last edited:

5900_XL-1

TO SET UP QM FOR THE MAGIC....
Save you hunting pattern to a pattern slot....1-6
click menu, under discrimination click combine
scroll down to the pattern loaded on your etrac and click √/x button twice
click QuickMask button.....load pattern into QuickMask....yes
Hit quick mask button again to return to your search pattern.
Hit the detect button again for the large screen.

When you hit a target...hit QM to check the target....hit QM again to return to your search pattern.....hit detect button for large numbers.
My lifelong pattern is the factory #4 pattern. why do I need to re-save it?

5900_XL-1

you don"t..... go to combine # 4 pattern and click accept/reject button twice.
I give up. I am surely missing one step some where, but after two days of following the instructions, I am out of luck and also patience. I probably need a human being with an Etrac to see what I am doing wrong. My combine patters is still 99% white, nothing like that pic you sent.

5900_XL-1

I give up. I am surely missing one step some where, but after two days of following the instructions, I am out of luck and also patience. I probably need a human being with an Etrac to see what I am doing wrong. My combine patters is still 99% white, nothing like that pic you sent.
you don"t..... go to combine # 4 pattern and click accept/reject button twice.
This advise has been a nightmare. I eventually had to do a factory reset and I am stuck in the mud. It is a useless programming adventure.

WV62

5900_XL-1

Glad you didn't give up, Elmy will get you fixed up.

Good luck,
Ron in WV
I give up once more. It is one thing to mix settings, but it is another thing to mess the stable Etrac by messing around with basic firmware program. I am tired.

Elmy

I give up once more. It is one thing to mix settings, but it is another thing to mess the stable Etrac by messing around with basic firmware program. I am tired.
yeah... me too...I am tired....thanks for trying !

WV62

What Elmy is offering up is not something the E-Trac is not made to do. We are not hot wiring or messing with any kind of firmware, software or hardware. Also what he is offering is not messing with anybody's settings or patterns. The E-Trac is made to do what we are doing.
So with that said I have loaded reverse patterns into Quickmask several times and as I go through the loading process on the E-Trac screen it pops up and says load to quickmask, yes or no. So we are allowed to load a pattern in to quickmask.

Like I said above on my Saturday hunt I changed my hunt pattern and my quickmask reverse pattern in the rain in 30 seconds.
I am running a reverse of my hunt pattern in quickmask 100% of the time. I am not getting into settings or patterns I use but my machine is hunting stable. This is fact the reverse hunt pattern in quickmask does not mess with you hunt pattern or your settings.

So sorry some just don't get it, but we must shake the dust off our feet and move on.
Ron in WV