Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Elmy's Magic System using your own pattern on the etrac

5900_XL-1

My Etrac lost performance after the attempts. Simply sayin'. Half-good instructions is worse than no instructions.

Elmy

My Etrac lost performance after the attempts. Simply sayin'. Half-good instructions is worse than no instructions.

I can help you save a pattern to pattern slot 4.
I can't make it any easier than what I sent you by email.
And you respond , " won't the red circled button power the etrac off ." How to save a pattern to a pattern slot 1 thru 6 is in the etrac manual if you don't like these kind of instructions.

power on you etrac and you should see your hunting pattern on the etrac screen... if so follow these instructions. push the red circled button on your etrac.

press menu button ....pic 6.gif
6.gif

press right arrow button.....pic 7.gif
7.gif

press down arrow to save ....pic 8.gif
8.gif

press right arrow....pic 9.gif
9.gif

press down arrow to pattern 4 ....pic 10.gif
10.gif

press right arrow to save it to pattern 4 .....pic 11.gif

11.gif

5900_XL-1

I have the old lost pattern(4) now, as pattern 2. I am perfectly ok with that pattern. It loads fine and I will use that pattern if I decide to use the Etrac again. NOW! Just get me through setting up on the reversal with this "spoon feeding" with pics. My email didn't take well to your imbedded GIF pics. Sorry for being a PITA.

Elmy

I have the old lost pattern(4) now, as pattern 2. I am perfectly ok with that pattern. It loads fine and I will use that pattern if I decide to use the Etrac again. NOW! Just get me through setting up on the reversal with this "spoon feeding" with pics. My email didn't take well to your imbedded GIF pics. Sorry for being a PITA.

ok...using pattern 2 as your hunting pattern now.
Now we will make the reverse/inverted pattern for quick mask

press menu
d1.gif

under discrimination press arrow down to combine
press right or left arrows to get to discrimination screen
d2.gif

press right arrow
d3.gif

press down arrow repeatably to get to my pattern slots 1 thru 6
Stop on the pattern that is your hunting pattern....pattern 2
d4.gif

press accept/relect button twice...
d5.gif

press quick mask button
d6.gif

load pattern into quick mask yes ...... press right arrow
d7.gif

press detect button and then press right arrow button
d8.gif

YOU ONLY USE THE QUICK MASK BUTTON....hit a target press quick mask to check it and quick mask button again to return to your hunting pattern.

Last edited:

5900_XL-1

I got that to work! Thanks. The flipped disc pattern worked, but I will need to test it in the field for effectiveness. I at least got your setup down and working. It was keeping me awake. That is stupid, right ;-)

Elmy

I got that to work! Thanks. The flipped disc pattern worked, but I will need to test it in the field for effectiveness. I at least got your setup down and working. It was keeping me awake. That is stupid, right ;-)
I am so glad you have it and will be able to test....very happy here !!!!!
Remember the only button you use is the quick mask button.....push it to test a target....if it sounds off in quick mask , it is a nail, or other trash....if it is silent ...dig !

WV62

You need to Pin point it and then go into little wiggle swing over the target and then hit QuickMask for the check. A wide swing you may hit another target near buy so zoom in on what you think may be a good target.
Good luck,
Ron in WV

Elmy

air test a few coins to get used to what it is supposed to do .

eman1000

5900 not to add to your problems my personal preference is to use Elmy's Magic program and then when I have a target if I hit the pinpoint button and the Ferrous number goes up into the 30's I don't dig. I just find that a little bit faster than using the quick-mask. That's just my personal preference though. Sometimes you will get a nice 12-36 and it will look like a quarter then you pinpoint and the ID looks more like 35-36 or something like that and I pass over it. I'm still learning as well and haven't put lots of hours on the e-trac but the other way is you get a good target, quickmask make a determination, then pinpoint and dig.

* I have tested digging targets that are above 30 on the ferrous side of the vdi and have yet to dig anything I wanted. There is a theory that some silvers will be in the 35-50 range but I have yet to experience this will keep digging those numbers though to learn. You can find lots of info on the etrac here http://www.puzzlemaze.org/df/blog/

WV62

Nice little shortcut for iron,

Here is another one, just run your machine in Ferrous and open up FE 31 thru. 35 and CO 40 thru. 50 and you will hear the iron grunt and you can just walk on.
But neither of these short cuts will deal with the trash that comes in close to your coins. Elmy's magic reverse program does the best too take care of most trash.

All good tools to use on the E-Trac.
Ron in WV

Elmy

Nice little shortcut for iron,

Here is another one, just run your machine in Ferrous and open up FE 31 thru. 35 and CO 40 thru. 50 and you will hear the iron grunt and you can just walk on.
But neither of these short cuts will deal with the trash that comes in close to your coins. Elmy's magic reverse program does the best too take care of most trash.

All good tools to use on the E-Trac.
Ron in WV
We all have used the ferrous line into 30's to determine a good target or trash target. Sometimes a nail, sometimes a coin, sometimes iron, sometimes aluminum.
Been there and ain't going back there again. JMO
also finding coins in the trash is a plus too!

Last edited:

K.B.

Ya'll have inspired me to setup and try a Elmy's magic reverse relic iron reject pattern ! Let ya know how I do.

Elmy

Ya'll have inspired me to setup and try a Elmy's magic reverse relic iron reject pattern ! Let ya know how I do.
Figured the program would work for coins , but I guess in theory it makes sense that it will work for relics too...
Good Luck! Will be interesting.

WV62

Just checking to see if anybody has tried the reverse disc and wondering if it worked for you or not.

Looking for feedback,

Ron in WV

WV62

I was able to get in a half day of hunting today. I was in a wooded area of the park and I was trying Elmy's magic reverse QuickMask check. Now the magic is not intended to improve what you find it is to reduce the amount of digging, which gives you more quality detecting time.
With that said I didn't have a really good day but here is the score for the magic.

I didn't record my total number of targets because that was eating up a lot of detecting time, I did use the magic on every target that I thought had a chance of being a coin and there was a bunch of targets. So I just recorded the number of holes I dug and the good or bad targets that came out.
For the day I only dug 7 holes and 6 of those were good targets and one was junk.
3 wheat pennies, all these wheat pennies were in close to other metal targets and my pin point was being pulled off.
1 clad dime
1 regular penny
1 man's silver ring, I was getting a 12-46 ID, the tone was loud and high but it was really smooth not like a silver quarter which is a little scratchy and high tone. I didn't expect a quarter but it passed all the checks so I had to see what it was. Turned out to be my best find of the day.

1 metal angle about 1 1/4 x 1 1/4 x 1 1/4" wide, after digging this I tested it on top of the ground and it still passed the magic test.

If you like to dig the magic isn't for you.
If you like to hunt and dig mostly good targets, try the magic.

Ron in WV

WV62

Doesn't seem that there is much interest in Elmy's reverse discrimination, nobody is saying anything. So it looks like the few that Elmy has been working with will just use it and not worry about getting the word out.
I like it and I use it 100% of my hunting time.

Wish all you guys good luck,

Ron in WV

floodplaindetector

Sorry I am late to the party with this reply. I do have Elmy's reverse discrimination program set up and have used it on dozens of targets.
I have found it to be very accurate.
It is a great tool to have in my detecting arsenal and is staying on my machine.
Dave

Doesn't seem that there is much interest in Elmy's reverse discrimination, nobody is saying anything. So it looks like the few that Elmy has been working with will just use it and not worry about getting the word out.
I like it and I use it 100% of my hunting time.

Wish all you guys good luck,

Ron in WV

Elmy

Sorry I am late to the party with this reply. I do have Elmy's reverse discrimination program set up and have used it on dozens of targets.
It is a great tool to have in my detecting arsenal and is staying on my machine.
Dave
Just to have someone who is always posting finds and be the top silver finding detectorist on the finds forum last year makes me very humble to even have FPD try it.
So that should tell all with an etrac .....try it ! Especially newbies !
E L M Y

WV62

Dave
Just wanted to thank you for sharing your experience with the reverse discrimination in QuickMask.

Ron in WV