Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Elmy's Magic System using your own pattern on the etrac

Elmy

Andy sabisch lives about 50 minutes from me. I want to run it by his house when i get time. He has a pretty nice test garden. Elmy thank you so much for taking time to answer my questions. Have you ever had speaker problem with it? Something with the 1/4 headphone jack is funky with it. Whenever the headphone jack goes low volume so does the detector. I can fiddle with some headphones and the jack and it'll work right. It seems like an awesome detector though.
no problems with my etrac....Andy S will help you out....probably more open pattern than mine.....but his is proven and well used by etracer's everywhere.
Go for it !

diggininms

no problems with my etrac....Andy S will help you out....probably more open pattern than mine.....but his is proven and well used by etracer's everywhere.
Go for it !
I tried his and bills trasy pattern dug iron nails. Manual sensitivity was 30. I had it in multi conduct. When i put it in ferrous it just sounds like iron tones. I don't understand the ferrous and conduct tone settings yet. What is the best way to run it in iron?

Elmy

I tried his and bills trasy pattern dug iron nails. Manual sensitivity was 30. I had it in multi conduct. When i put it in ferrous it just sounds like iron tones. I don't understand the ferrous and conduct tone settings yet. What is the best way to run it in iron?
For a new user.....two tone ferrous....everything that is in your pattern and is iron will give a low tone .....good targets will give a high tone.
you dig fewer nails with TTF.

diggininms

For a new user.....two tone ferrous....everything that is in your pattern and is iron will give a low tone .....good targets will give a high tone.
you dig fewer nails with TTF.
so TTF is setting it to 2 tones and selecting ferrous instead of conduct correct?

diggininms

These are the patterns that are already on it. What is the difference between my modes and my patterns?

Attachments

• 20221116_203506.jpg
    20221116_203506.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 23

Elmy

These are the patterns that are already on it. What is the difference between my modes and my patterns?
pattern 6 is my silver pattern..... select it and quick mask is the magic reverse of the silver pattern already loaded.

Pattern are patterns only and modes are settings and patterns.

diggininms

pattern 6 is my silver pattern..... select it and quick mask is the magic reverse of the silver pattern already loaded.

Ok I got it now. Thank you so much. Have a wonderful night and again thank you for taking the time to help me. It is definitely appreciated.

diggininms

One more thing. Recovery deep recovery fast trash density how do I set that up for iron and depth? Recovery fast off and recovery deep on? Trash is always high around here lol.

Elmy

One more thing. Recovery deep recovery fast trash density how do I set that up for iron and depth? Recovery fast off and recovery deep on? Trash is always high around here lol.
recovery deep off
recovery fast on
trash density high
audio no. of tones 2
audio tone ID sounds ferrous
sensitivity auto level auto+3

Later....

diggininms

Hay Elmy, thanks a bunch.
diggininms, unless I missed it here is how to reverse a hunt pattern and get into QM.
Go to menu arrow key down to combine click on that.
Arrow key down to where you have your hunt pattern saved 1 thru 6.
Click on arrow / check button 2 times, this button is located on the front panel lower right corner.
Click on the QM button and it will ask you to load to quickmask, Click yes, it should be there.
When Elmy showed this to me I did it several times with some of the factory installed programs just to try and get loaded in my head. Then I carried a cheat sheet with me while hunting.
Okay with Elmy helping you are on the fast track.
Ron in WV
Thamk you for helping me as well. Elmy seems very very knowledgeable. I have taken pictures of some of this so i'll have it out in the field.

JCR TX

This, and all of Elmy's post are very interesting & educational.
Thanks to all.

Elmy

so TTF is setting it to 2 tones and selecting ferrous instead of conduct correct?
Here is what most consider " The king of Two Tone Ferrous "
Read his TTF explained....

Elmy

Go for it !
check the volume limit under audio ....it sets the volume of the etrac.....
menu...scroll over to audio... and down to volume limit.....for no headphones it is maxed out at 30.....with headphones adjust to each individual user

diggininms

Here is what most consider " The king of Two Tone Ferrous "
Read his TTF explained....
That was a great read. Thank you.

diggininms

check the volume limit under audio ....it sets the volume of the etrac.....
menu...scroll over to audio... and down to volume limit.....for no headphones it is maxed out at 30.....with headphones adjust to each individual user
I got out and tried these patterns. I got alot of false signals. It could be me though. The threshold goes quiet for a while but there is a lot of trash and iron. I switch ove to quick mask and still got tones so didn't dig them. Still got some learning to do. I do like the etrac. Just don't know why I was getting so many false signals. It was in auto sensitivity +3 and was quiet. I did a reset and that seemed to help.

Elmy

I got out and tried these patterns. I got alot of false signals. It could be me though. The threshold goes quiet for a while but there is a lot of trash and iron. I switch ove to quick mask and still got tones so didn't dig them. Still got some learning to do. I do like the etrac. Just don't know why I was getting so many false signals. It was in auto sensitivity +3 and was quiet. I did a reset and that seemed to help.
try the silver pattern only...my pattern 6 and the quick mask reverse....go very slow with 3 second swings side to side

Last edited:

Elmy

try the silver pattern only...my pattern 6 and the quick mask reverse....go very slow with 3 second swings side to side
manual sensitivity will light up the iron and be really noisy !

diggininms

manual sensitivity will light up the iron and be really noisy !
It was in
Ok will give that a go next time I go there. I had it in auto sensitivity +3.