Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fibber McGee & Molly... old time radio

Steve(Can)

Fibber's bottle collection.

Now @olfart, don't you go spoiling for anyone by giving away all of the punch lines. :p

Steve(Can)

I could spoil a bunch of them. Used to be one of my favorite radio programs before TV.
Before my time, but kinda reminded me of fibber SteveO :LOL:

Steve(Can)

I don't get it.
It's nothing, kinda silly maybe... just you kinda strike me as a guy who might have a bottle collection... mostly just liked the name :poke:

nagant

i like the lingo "slang" on the old detective radio shows too. i made grandkids sit thru a couple old scarry shows around Halloween once in the dark, they loved it.

Missouri--Ma Betty

Fibber's bottle collection.

Now @olfart, don't you go spoiling for anyone by giving away all of the punch lines. :p

Thank you, Steve (Can), this sure brings back memories including bottle collecting for some small change, for pennies, nickels & dimes were like dollars & meant a lot to us kids with poor farm parents! When c the older small closets were packed full, we would say, just like Fibber & Molly McGee's closet! :geek:Again, thanks for the memories! Ma Betty

Steve O

SteveCan, . . I do have a few old bottles .. .. not a collector though. I do like them. :drinking:
How's your shrunken head collection holding up?

hawgdawg

Thanks for posting this SteveC ,, although I do not remember them ,, it did take me back a bit and reminded me of a few other shows I used to listen to on the radio. And I used to collect bottles back in the early 70s. Would even get those old wooden crates the bottles came in. I think we actually got about a dollar for them alone. Bottles were 5-10 cents each ,, I think some of them we even fetched a quarter for them. That was back towards the end of the real recycling era.